The chicken is actually poached whole and then quickly stopped from cooking by placing it in an ice bath. The rice is seasoned with a chicken oil made from the chicken fat and cooked in the poaching liquid. Singapore Chicken Rice Be the first to rate & review!
Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, singaporean chicken rice. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Singaporean Chicken Rice is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Singaporean Chicken Rice is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have singaporean chicken rice using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Singaporean Chicken Rice :
- Take of Rice.
- Make ready 1 pack of store bought chicken rice pack.
- Get of Rice according to the packaging.
- Make ready of Chicken.
- Get 3 of chicken drumsticks.
- Take 2 stalks of green onions.
- Take of 3 slice of ginger.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Take of Green onion sauce.
- Make ready 3 tablespoons of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of green onions finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of minced ginger.
- Make ready of Salt and white pepper.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Sesame oil.
- Take of Cucumber sliced (optional).
- Prepare of Garlic chilli sauce (optional).
- Get of Soy sauce.
Today, one can find a dizzying array of brilliantly crafted, affordable dishes of varying origin. Heat butter in the rice cooker. Add finely diced garlic and ginger to it and fry well. Add in rice and fry until rice starts cracking.
Instructions to make Singaporean Chicken Rice :
- Cook rice according to your chicken rice package.
- Boil a pot of water just enough to cover all the chicken. Once water is boiling, add chicken, ginger and spring onion. Bring to boil, add salt and simmer with lid on for 20min. (poke your thighs to ensure your chicken is cooked through).
- In the meantime make the green onion sauce. Heat up some oil,stir fry ginger to fragrant on low heat. Add spring onion. Stir fry till fragrant. Add salt, pepper and a season me oil. Mix well and set aside..
- To assemble, rice, a thigh, cucumber, a scope of green onion sauce and garlic chilli sauce. Drizzle some soy sauce over your chicken and serve!.
Hainanese chicken rice is one of few local dishes served in the menu of Singapore Airlines. Chicken rice can be found anywhere in Singapore, from hawker stalls, franchised outlets to restaurants. Singapore-style chicken rice The cooking method hails back to its Hainanese roots, with a few uniquely Singaporean twists. The chicken is steeped in boiling water or blanched till it is fully cooked, before soaking it in cold water to ensure the meat remains tender. Hainanese chicken rice is a dish of Chinese origin mostly associated with Singaporean cuisine, and lesser so for Malaysian cuisine or Thai Cuisine, although it is also commonly sold in neighbouring Thailand, and found in Hainan, China itself.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food singaporean chicken rice recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.