Blend salt, peppers, mustard, cayenne pepper, paprika, granulated garlic and file powder. Rub four teaspoons of the mixture over the chicken. Continue adding the roux mixture, half a cup at a time, always stirring rapidly and constantly.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, brad's chicken and sausage gumbo. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook brad's chicken and sausage gumbo using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo :
- Prepare 3 lbs of chicken thighs with bone and skin.
- Get of Seasoned flour to dredge chicken.
- Prepare 1 of lg yellow onion, chopped.
- Make ready 1 of red & 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped.
- Get 6 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Prepare 8-10 of roma tomatoes, chopped.
- Get 10 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of cream sherry.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of shortening.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- Get 10-12 cups of water.
- Make ready 1/3 cup of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Get 1 tbs of dried oregano.
- Get 1 tbs of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of white pepper.
- Make ready of Cajun seasoning to taste. I like it spicy so I used a fair bit.
- Take 1 pkg of frozen okra.
- Get 1 1/2-2 lbs of andouille sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thick.
- Get 4-6 cups of prepared white rice.
- Get of Gumbo filé.
Add the smoked sausage and stir. The flavor of browned roux is essential to the traditional taste of Louisiana gumbo. So don't worry if the flour mixture looks like peanut butter by the time the vegetables have softened. This iconic dish represents everything we love about Louisiana cooking.
Instructions to make Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo :
- Place seasoned flour into a lg ziplock bag. Add chicken and seal. Shake well to coat evenly. Heat canola oil in a lg frying pan just under medium heat. Fry chicken covered until golden brown on both sides. Set aside..
- In the same pan, reserve 2 tbs of the chicken grease. Add onions, peppers, and celery. Fry on medium heat until onions are translucent..
- Meanwhile in a lg Dutch oven, melt shortening on medium heat. Add flour and mix thoroughly. Stir almost constantly until the roux becomes almost a chocolate brown and smells very nutty. This takes a while, but is the base Flavor of the dish. If it starts to smell burnt. Start over..
- Add tomatoes and garlic to the onion mixture. Keep frying until about half of the liquid from the onions evaporates. Add sherry. Bring to a simmer until half of that liquid evaporates..
- When the roux is done it will be a nice caramel color. Slowly add the onion mixture to it. Continue to stir constantly. Add water and mix thoroughly. Add the fried chicken, bouillon and spices. Bring to a simmer and simmer for an hour uncovered. Stir every 5-10 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Add okra and sausage. Simmer for another 20 minutes..
- In a bowl, plate rice off to one side. Add gumbo to the bowl, and top with a chicken thigh. Sprinkle a little gumbo filé on top and serve immediately. Enjoy..
With ordinary ingredients, the right seasonings, and patience, the results are extraordinary. The secrets to a good gumbo aren't anything fancy either, but if you take the time to do them right. Remove and shred meat, and discard bones and skin; stir meat back into gumbo. A New Orleans inspired gumbo dish with sausage, chicken, and shrimp. Although gumbo comes in all shapes and forms, there are usually a few common factors that identify a gumbo as a gumbo.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food brad's chicken and sausage gumbo recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.