Add oil to a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. In this time, you can make the sauce. Mix the rice vinegar, soy sauce, water, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl and set aside.
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, instant pot mongolian beef. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Instant pot Mongolian Beef is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Instant pot Mongolian Beef is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have instant pot mongolian beef using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Instant pot Mongolian Beef :
- Prepare 1-1.5 pounds of flank steak (sliced across the grains).
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Make ready 1 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Take 1/2 cup of brown sugar (or 2/3 cups for those with a sweet tooth).
- Prepare 10 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger (minced).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lite soy sauce.
- Get 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar.
- Get 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional).
- Take of Cornstarch Slurry.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Take 1/2 cup of water.
- Make ready of Garnish.
- Get 1/4 cup of green onions (chopped).
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- Get of Hot chilli oil paste.
Instructions Place beef in large resealable bag. Add corn starch; close bag tightly and shake to coat beef. Heat oil in Instant Pot on SAUTÉ setting. Instant Pot Mongolian Beef – The most tender and flavorful Mongolian beef prepared in your pressure cooker!
Steps to make Instant pot Mongolian Beef :
- Heat up your pressure cooker: press Sauté, click on the Adjust button, select More to get the Sauté More function, which means that the food will be sautéed over medium-high heat. Wait for the Instant Pot indicator to read HOT..
- Add sliced beef to a large ziplock bag, add 1 tablespoon cornstarch and shake well to coat the beef evenly..
- Add the oil to the hot Instant Pot, once the oil is hot, add the beef and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times. If needed brown the beef in batches, you don't want to add too much as it will start releasing juice and it won't brown well. Note: You can also skip browning the beef and just add it to the pot!.
- If bits of beef stuck to the pot, add 1/2 cup water and deglaze the pot. Using a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the pot. You can discard that liquid if wanted..
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot: minced garlic, minced ginger, lite soy sauce, brown sugar, water, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes. You can add less sugar, based on your taste and preference. Note: You can also skip browning the beef and just add it to the pot!.
- Stir well until all the ingredients are combined and coated in sauce..
- Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 8 minutes + 10 minutes Natural Release. Turn off the heat. Release the remaining pressure after the 10 mins No time has passed.. Open the lid..
- Make the cornstarch slurry, in a small bowl mix cornstarch with water until fully combined. With the Instant Pot on the Sauté function, add the slurry to the pot, stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes on Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens. Turn off the Instant Pot and let the Mongolian Beef sit for 8-10 minutes before serving, in this time the sauce will settle and thicken more..
- Serve over rice and garnish with fresh chopped green onions and sesame seeds..
My new Instant Pot has been a total game-changer when it comes to getting a meal on the table on busy weeknights. I was completely amazed at how tender and flavorful this beef was… like it had been slow cooking for hours and hours! Instant Pot Mongolian beef is perfect with rice and steamed broccoli on the side (did you know you can cook broccoli with a zero minute pressure cooking time ?). Riced cauliflower also works in the place of normal rice. Sweet, juicy, and garlicky, is the perfect Asian dish to make using Instant Pot, and healthier than takeout.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food instant pot mongolian beef recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.