This awesome platter of tasty food is a zesty twist on the classic Jerk chicken. Jerk Chicken with Pineapple Black Bean Salsa. This was not super impressive–I thought both the chicken and salsa were flavorless, but I also realized afterwards that I forgot the lime juice.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, jerk chicken w/ black bean pineapple salsa. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook jerk chicken w/ black bean pineapple salsa using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa :
- Get of cooked rice.
- Make ready of Black Bean Pineapple Salsa.
- Make ready of pineapple tidbits.
- Make ready of can black beans, well rinsed.
- Take of finely diced red onion.
- Get of coarsely chopped cilantro.
- Prepare of lime.
- Prepare of crushed red pepper.
- Take of salt, or to taste.
- Get of Jerk Chicken.
- Take of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2/3 lb. each).
- Prepare of jerk seasoning.
- Prepare of cooking oil.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- Get of Sweet Peppers, halved.
Stir the beans into the rice. In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple and scallions. I couldn't find jerk sauce, so I substitute barbecue sauce. The chicken was very good and moist, the rice was ok (I am going to eat it for lunch mixed with the leftover sauce!), and the pineapple/scallions salad was.
Steps to make Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa :
- Begin cooking your rice first..
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the pineapple black bean salsa. Coarsely chop the pineapple tidbits into smaller pieces, similar in size to the black beans. Place the chopped pineapple, rinsed black beans, diced red onion, and chopped cilantro in a large bowl..
- Squeeze the juice of half the lime (about 1 Tbsp) over the ingredients in the bowl. Also add 1/4 tsp salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional). Stir the ingredients together, give it a taste, and add more salt or lime juice if needed. Any unused lime will be cut into wedges for squeezing over the chicken before serving..
- Next, prepare the jerk chicken. Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the chicken to eliminate splatter, then gently pound the chicken breasts into an even thickness using either a rolling pin or a mallet. Sprinkle the jerk seasoning over both sides of the chicken and use your hands to rub it into the surface, making sure they're completely coated..
- Add the cooking oil to a large skillet, or preheat your grill. Once hot, add the chicken and garlic, and cook until well browned on both sides, and the chicken is completely cooked through (about 7 minutes each side). Add the sweet peppers after the first flip so it can pair the juices and turn half way through second side. It should no longer be pink in the center and the juices should run clear..
- For extra safety, use an instant ready meat thermometer and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF..
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a clean cutting board and let it rest for five minutes. After five minutes, slice the chicken into 1/2-wide strips..
- To serve, place about a cup of cooked rice on a plate, or in your meal prep container, top with about a cup of the pineapple black bean salsa, and a few strips of the jerk chicken. Slice the remaining lime into wedges and squeeze fresh juice over the chicken just before eating..
- Serve and enjoy!.
What really makes this Jerk Chicken Bowl pop is all the other tropical flavors mixed in. The coconut rice and beans along with the Mango Pineapple Salsa! I guarantee this is a winner and you can even make the chicken and or salsa ahead of time to shave off some cooking time right before dinner. A quick and easy Fiery Jerk Chicken & Pineapple Salsa recipe, from our authentic Jamaican cuisine collection. Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips Served with the essential base of coconut rice & peas, which aren't actually peas, but kidney beans.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food jerk chicken w/ black bean pineapple salsa recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.