Get free recipes sent straight into your inbox! I had no meaty duck leftovers, but it sounded so delicious that I went out and bought a few […] A Shepherd's Pie is the perfect make ahead food. Once your pie is assembled you can chill and then freeze for up to one month.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, shepherds pie straight from maine!. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Shepherds pie straight from Maine! is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Shepherds pie straight from Maine! is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have shepherds pie straight from maine! using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherds pie straight from Maine! :
- Get of potato.
- Make ready 4 medium of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/3 stick of butter.
- Take 1/4 cup of milk.
- Take 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Take 2 dash of salt&pepper.
- Take of beef.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- Make ready 2 clove of minced garlic.
- Get 1 lb of hamburg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Get 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Make ready 1 small of can of peas and carrots.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt and pepper.
- Make ready 1 dash of natures seasoning.
- Make ready of casserole.
- Make ready 1 can of corn.
- Make ready 1 can of cream style corn.
- Get 1 dash of seasoning salt for garnish.
It can also be cooked from frozen. Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Shepherds pie straight from Maine! Shepherds pie straight from Maine!..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept . Continue Reading How to make Shepherd's Pie.
Steps to make Shepherds pie straight from Maine! :
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Peel and quarter potatoes (I like using golden potatoes because they come out light and fluffy).
- put potatoes in pot, cover with cold, salted water. Simmer until soft for mashing. (10-15 minutes depending on size.) Drain potatoes when done, mash with butter, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Then set aside..
- Add a tablespoon or 2 of butter to a pan and saute onions until soft (3-5 minutes.) Add garlic and beef, cook until browned. Then mix in small can of carrots and peas..
- Once hamburg is browned, add worcestershire sauce and beef broth. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Add broth as needed to keep moist. (Add any spices you want at this point. I add salt, pepper, garlic powder and natures seasoning.).
- Now it's time to layer. Put beef in bottom of casserole dish, mix cream corn and regular corn in a separate dish and layer on top of beef. Add dollops of potato for the last layer, and flatten out with a fork (or make peaks.) Sprinkle seasoning salt across the top for garnish..
- Pop in pre-heated oven about 40 minutes or until bubbling. Enjoy!.
A really good Shepherd's Pie should always start with a soffrito – that is, onion, garlic, carrots and celery sautéed on a lowish heat until sweet. It's the secret to a great flavour base that's a technique used widely by many cuisines, such as Italian cooking (for example, this Italian Shredded Beef Ragu). After this, we cook the ground / mince meat. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food shepherds pie straight from maine! recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.