To save time, we built and served the pie in one skillet and used lean ground beef rather than braised chunks of meat. To keep the meat tender , we treated it with baking soda and then simmered it in the gravy rather than seared it. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, weekend shepherds pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Weekend Shepherds Pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Weekend Shepherds Pie is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook weekend shepherds pie using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Weekend Shepherds Pie :
- Make ready 4 of large baking potatoes.
- Make ready 1 of large onion diced.
- Take 1/2 of butternut squash.
- Take 500 g of minced lamb.
- Make ready 400 mls of thinned out gf beef gravy.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion granules.
- Take 1 tsp of garlic granules.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil.
Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. This is a very easy shepherd's (cottage) pie that's topped with wonderful garlic and Romano potatoes. You can change the ingredients to add almost anything you like. Kids love this, and it's even better after sitting for a day.
Instructions to make Weekend Shepherds Pie :
- Peel the potatoes and cut into large chunks. Add in half of the squash you have (1/4 of a whole squash). Boil until tender. While the veg is cooking prepare the mince filling..
- Fry the diced onion in some olive oil for a few minutes then add 1/2 of the butternut squash finely diced..
- Add the mince and continue to fry for 5-10 mins until browned. Add the tomatoes purée then your gravy (use 2 tsp gravy granules to 400 mls water) – this gives a beef stock that is also gluten free and yeast free..
- Add the garlic granules, onion granules and basil. Simmer the mince on the hob now over a low heat for about 40 mins..
- Spoon the mince filling into a baking dish. Mash the potatoes with a good glug of quality olive oil and use it to spread on top of the mince..
- Bake at 190 C for 30 minutes. Done!.
You should have most of the ingredients on hand so no trips to the grocery! Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. In a large bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream. Add salt and pepper; set aside.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food weekend shepherds pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.