Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. Shepherd's pie lamb, cottage pie beef.
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, shepherds pie😋. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Shepherds pie😋 is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Shepherds pie😋 is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook shepherds pie😋 using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherds pie😋 :
- Make ready of Potatoes.
- Make ready of Minced meat.
- Get of Onion.
- Make ready of Tomatoes.
- Get of Green hoho.
- Prepare of Carrots.
- Make ready of Ginger garlic paste.
- Make ready of Garam masala.
- Take of Paprika.
- Make ready cube of Beef.
- Prepare of Cheese – cheddar.
Another explanation is that Cottage pie should be made with a topping of sliced potato like roof tiles and shepherd's pie is mash like a lambs fluffy wool. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise.
Instructions to make Shepherds pie😋 :
- Peel potatoes wash and cube them. Then add salt and boil until soft. Then mash adding a little milk to the potatoes. Once done set aside.
- For the minced meat,place them in a pan and let it cook and boil in it's own juices. You dont need to add water. Set aside once done..
- In another pan,fry the onions until golden brown. Add the cubed carrots and let it cook through..
- Add the ginger garlic paste and the tomatoes and hoho,let everything cook up. Add the spices,a little water and let it simmer until the tomatoes release their juices..
- Now to the fried mixture add the minced meat and mix well. Add a little water,cover and let it cook through for 5 minutes or until it's done..
- Transfer the cooked minced meat to your baking dish and spread it out evenly.Then sprinkle a little cheese,I used cheddar. Then now put the mashed potato layer on top and try flatten it over the meat..
- Again sprinkle more cheese according to your liking. Then bake at 180 degree for 20 minutes or until the top layer is well cooked..
- Now it's ready to serve..
Best Shepherd's Pie This is the best shepherds pie recipe I've ever had, and it comes from a friend who was a whiz at pinching pennies without sacrificing hearty flavor.—Valerie Merrill, Topeka, Kansas My husband loves shepherd's pie, so I had to make this when I saw the recipe (he loves corn, too); and I have to say this is the best tasting shepherd's pie. Easy to make – with a yum-yum factor that has him raving. Incredibly easy to make, yet so delicious! Cream of mushroom soup adds flavor and creaminess to the filling, and instant mashed potatoes makes it quick and easy! Plus, this savory, comfort food classic is easy […] You'll love the convenience of this easy, comforting shepherd's pie from Martha Stewart.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food shepherds pie😋 recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.