Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, pork chops with tamarind and ginger. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pork Chops with Tamarind and Ginger is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Pork Chops with Tamarind and Ginger is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pork chops with tamarind and ginger using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pork Chops with Tamarind and Ginger :
- Take 3 of garlic cloves, finely grated or minced.
- Take 1 tbsp of tamarind concentrate (or extract), or use lime juice.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of sambal oelek or other chili paste.
- Get 2 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- Make ready 2 tsp of kosher salt, more as needed.
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Get 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 2 of bone-in pork chops, 1 1/2 inches thick (2 pounds total).
- Get 2 tbsp of coconut oil, grapeseed oil or safflower oil.
- Make ready of Scallions, thinly sliced.
- Take of Lime wedges for serving.
Steps to make Pork Chops with Tamarind and Ginger :
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, tamarind, sambal oelek, ginger, salt, cumin, fish sauce and turmeric. Rub mixture evenly over pork, and let marinate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight..
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Scrape the marinade off the pork, reserving it (there will be a tablespoon or two), then place chops in pan and sear on one side until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Use tongs to hold pork chops vertically to sear the fat on the edges, another 2 to 3 minutes. Flip pork so browned side is on top and add reserved marinade to pan, stirring it into the drippings..
- Transfer pan to oven and cook to desired doneness. About 8 minutes for lightly pink on the inside (135 degrees)..
- Transfer chops to a plate or cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes..
- Slice the meat off the bone and serve slices coated with pan drippings, scallions and lime wedges..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food pork chops with tamarind and ginger recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.