See more ideas about Phyllo, Phyllo dough, Greek recipes. These crunchy phyllo pastry cups can be filled with sweet or savory ingredients. · Homemade spanakopita (Greek spinach pie with fillo) – learn the secrets of how a traditional Greek mother makes her version of Greece's iconic dish. There are many fillings for phyllo pastry, both sweet or savory.
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, greek phyllo pastry sheets for savoury pies, version 1. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Greek phyllo pastry sheets for savoury pies, version 1 is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Greek phyllo pastry sheets for savoury pies, version 1 is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook greek phyllo pastry sheets for savoury pies, version 1 using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Greek phyllo pastry sheets for savoury pies, version 1 :
- Get 800 g of all purpose flour plus more for rolling out.
- Prepare 2 tsps of baking powder.
- Get 2 tsps of salt.
- Make ready 1 tsps of sugar.
- Get 330 ml of water carbonated.
- Prepare 120 ml of water.
- Take 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of vinegar.
- Make ready 250 g of margarine melted for brushing.
While it can be challenging to work You can layer a pie tin with phyllo as prepped above and bake it the same way, or you can use the phyllo to wrap a filling. Now that you know how to work with phyllo, you. This savory pie is everything you want in an autumn dinner, baked into a flaky, crisp phyllo pie shell. Bake sheets of phyllo into flower-shaped cups to use as a base for these sundaes—or for any The dish consists of a spiced chicken filling sandwiched between layers of crisp phyllo pastry.
Steps to make Greek phyllo pastry sheets for savoury pies, version 1 :
- In a large bowl, mix all your liquids..
- Add the baking powder and some flour; keep mixing until the dough starts to thicken..
- Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface..
- Gradually add the rest of the flour and knead for about 20min. till you have a soft & smooth dough (in a stand mixer or a kneading machine, it takes 5-8 min)..
- Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces, cover with a clean towel and let them rest for 20 min..
- Flour your working bench; take one piece of dough, flatten it a bit with your hand and start rolling out..
- With a thin rolling pin, roll out the dough till you get a pastry sheet 40cm/16 inches in diameter..
- Brush the entire surface with melted margarine..
- Fold the two sides to the center. Brush with margarine..
- Fold in half and brush again. You now have a rectangle about 40x12cm/16×5 inches..
- Mark the center, and fold the two sides towards the middle. Brush again..
- Fold in half and you're done. You now have a large pastry sheet with 16 layers that you can roll out any time you wish to make a pie..
- Wrap the sheet with food membrane and place it the fridge..
- Repeat the same process for the other three pieces of dough..
- If you're going to use them the same day, put them in the fridge for 2-3 hours, until firm. Otherwise, store them in the fridge maximum for a week or in the freezer, up to 3 months..
Spanakopita is a traditional Greek savory pie wrapped in flaky layers of crisp phyllo and filled with spinach and salty feta. For a twist on the classic, this version of traditional Greek spanakopita uses an assortment of greens and tender herbs in addition to spinach. Layer the remaining phyllo sheets in the same way, over the filling, brushing each one generously with olive oil before adding the next sheet of pastry. Bake pie for approximately one hour, until you achieve a deep golden crust. If you have a flat-bottomed oven (no.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food greek phyllo pastry sheets for savoury pies, version 1 recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.