One of my favorite things about this time of year is the abundance of Strawberries and Rhubarb. This Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake is the perfect beginning or end to any day. This recipe goes out to all my Strawberry Rhubarb Coffeecake lovers out there.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, strawberry rhubarb coffee cake. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have strawberry rhubarb coffee cake using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake :
- Get of Filling:.
- Make ready 3 Cups of Rhubarb, sliced into quarter inch discs.
- Get 2 Cups of Strawberries, diced.
- Take 1/2 Cup of Sugar.
- Get 1/3 Cup of Cornstarch.
- Take 2 TBSP. of Cold Water.
- Take of Crumb Topping:.
- Take 1 1/3 Cups of Brown Sugar.
- Get 1/4 Cup of Flour.
- Make ready 1 tsp. of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 4 TBSP. of Cold Butter, cut into pieces.
- Get of Batter:.
- Make ready 3/4 Cup of Cold Butter, cut into pieces.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of Sugar.
- Make ready 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of Baking Powder.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp. of Baking Soda.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of Salt.
- Make ready 3 Cups of Flour.
- Make ready 1 1/2 Cups of Sour Cream.
This coffee cake filled with the classic strawberry-rhubarb combo and topped with a crispy crumb topping is a perfect springtime treat! One of my favorite signs of spring is the shoots of rhubarb that pop out of the ground in my backyard every March. Combine rhubarb, strawberries and lemon juice in saucepan. Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake combines some of your favorite spring flavors into an irresistible snack cake or a sweet dish for Mother's Day brunch!
Steps to make Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake :
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with butter or a non-stick spray, set aside..
- Filling: In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and water. Stir frequently until the cornstarch begins to thicken but the rhubarb is still fairly firm, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Crumb topping: In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles course sand. Use your hands to squeeze handfuls of topping together, creating some larger clumps,then set aside..
- Cake batter: In a bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cold butter until smooth and creamy. Slowly add the sugar while continuing to beat at medium speed, until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl and beating well between each addition. Mix in vanilla..
- In separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour, then add the flour mixture to the batter 1 cup at a time, alternating with 1/2 of the sour cream between each addition and mixing on low speed just until everything is combined. Be careful not to over mix..
- Spread half of the cake batter into the bottom of the prepared pan, using a spatula to make an even layer right to the edges of the pan. Top with the strawberry rhubarb filling, gently spreading that to the edges as well. Dollop the remaining cake batter over the top of the filling, using a knife or spatula to gently spread it to the edges..
- Evenly sprinkle the crumb topping over the batter, squeezing handfuls of topping again to make sure there are at least some larger chunks of topping..
- Bake 50-60 minutes until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely..
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Fleischmann's® Yeast. The views and opinions expressed on My Baking Addiction are my own. Quick and easy, ONE BOWL coffee cake, made with rhubarb! Substitute your favorite fruit for the rhubarb: blueberries, raspberries, chopped apples, plumped up. This strawberry rhubarb coffee cake with a cream cheese filling and light crumb topping is a perfect spring and summer dessert.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food strawberry rhubarb coffee cake recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.