Spread the rest of the pasta mixture on top of the cheese layer. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, veggie pasta bake. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Veggie Pasta Bake is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Veggie Pasta Bake is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have veggie pasta bake using 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Veggie Pasta Bake :
- Take 750 g of Penna Pasta.
- Take of Olive oil (max 3 tablespoons only), plus extra for drizzling.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Get of Sauce.
- Prepare 2 cans of plum tomatoes (400g each).
- Get 1 jar of pasta bolognese sauce (500g).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- Take 1 tsp of Italian herbs (rosemary, oregano, thyme).
- Take 3 of Garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Get 3 of green chillies halved, lengthwise (medium spice level).
- Prepare 1-1.5 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Fresh basil (leave some for garnish).
- Take of VEGGIES + SAUSAGES (dry-fried/grilled & baked).
- Take of Vegetarian sausages (I used Cauldron brand).
- Make ready 1 of courgette/zuchinni, chopped round then into half moons.
- Make ready 1 of Aubergine (medium-large), cut vertically- see pics below.
- Make ready 1 pack of button mushrooms, washed and medium chopped.
- Prepare 120 g of pack Spinach, washed.
- Make ready 1 of large red onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Make ready of Toppings.
- Get of Fresh basil.
- Prepare of Cheddar and mozarella, shredded/grated.
- Prepare of Olive oil for drizzling.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until very al dente; drain. In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until onion. Cook the pasta just until al dente, according to package directions (it will continue to cook while it bakes in the oven, so you want the pasta to still have a little bite to it).
Steps to make Veggie Pasta Bake :
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius- for sausages and courgette later.
- For the sauce. In a pan on medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Then add chopped garlic, 3 green chillies, halved. Cook until garlic is browned.
- Turn up heat slightly. Add in 2 cans of plum tomatoes, 1 jar bolognese sauce, pinch of salt, italian herbs and fresh basil. Add 1/4 cup water. Mix all until sauce comes to a boil. Then lower heat, cover and let simmer over low-medium heat for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Cook pasta as per pack instructions with 1 tbsp oil and salt. Drain when ready..
- While pasta sauce is simmering for the next 25 mins, put sausages in pre-heated oven. Bake as per pack instructions (mine were 20 mins). Cut courgettes into half moons. Bake for 10 mins. (I put mine in the same baking pan as the sausages and just removed them earlier, allowing sausages to finish baking). Once baked, cut sausages. Set courgettes and sausages aside..
- Cut your aubergine lengthwise. In a separate pan, on medium heat (NO OIL), place aubergine and allow to dry-fry for 7-10 mins on each side, turning occasionally, until they become slightly charred- see pic. Remove and set aside..
- Slice red onion thinly. In same pan, on medium heat, add half tbsp oil and sliced red onions. When they start to wilt, add 1tsp balsamic vinegar (see pic). This will give them a sweet taste! Allow to caramelise slightly. Remove and set aside..
- In same pan, cook your mushrooms until no longer watery. Set aside..
- Pasta tomato sauce should be ready and reduced by now. Add 1tbsp sugar to balance the taste. Mix. Add drained pasta to sauce together with the courgettes, mushrooms, sausages. Mix all. Add spinach, cover for 2 mins to allow it to wilt. Uncover. Stir all for 1 min. Remove from heat..
- Assemble! Grease your baking dish with a spray of olive oil. Pour the mixed pasta. Top with the caramelised red onions and charred aubergine. Finish with grated cheddar and mozarella all over. Add basil for garnish. See pic..
- Drizzle the top lightly with olive oil. Bake at 200 degrees celsius for 15 mins, until golden. Enjoy and bon appetit!.
Drain and return the pasta to the pot. Thai Pasta with Spicy Peanut Sauce. We love how the whole wheat pasta and crisp, raw vegetables blend with the rich and creamy peanut sauce. The addition of fresh lime juice really brightens the flavor of the dish. Once the water is boiling, stir in the penne, and return to a boil.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food veggie pasta bake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.