The Chinese name is 宫保鸡丁 (gong bao ji ding) but some restaurants spell it as Gong Bao Chicken or Kung Po Chicken. This is a spicy chicken dish with a mouthwatering Kung Pao Sauce. It is popular at Chinese takeouts or restaurants here in the United States.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, kun pao chicken. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Kun Pao chicken is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Kun Pao chicken is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook kun pao chicken using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Kun Pao chicken :
- Make ready 500 g of Chicken thigh(breast is also acceptable).
- Take 2 teaspoons of salt and black pepper.
- Make ready 1 spoon of cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 spoon of light soy sauce.
- Get Half of spoon dark soy sauce.
- Make ready 1 spoon of starch.
- Make ready 1 of egg white.
- Take of Plant oil.
- Get 10 g of sichuan peppercorn.
- Make ready 10 g of dried chili.
- Get 3 slices of ginger.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic.
- Make ready Half of spoon vinegar.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare Half of leek.
- Take 1 spoon of Sichuan pea sauce if you can find.
- Prepare 1 spoon of fired peanuts(you can find recipe in my earlier post).
Kung Pao Chicken is a Chinese takeout favourite that is mouthwateringly good and highly addictive – so it's a good thing it's easy to make at home so we don't need to order takeout every time we crave it!! We love the strong flavoured sweet-sour-savoury sauce with the signature tingle of numbing heat from the Sichuan pepper! Combine chicken and cornstarch in small bowl. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet or wok on medium heat.
Instructions to make Kun Pao chicken :
- 1.Boning the chicken and chop them into the cubes like that one in the picture.
- 2.salt chicken cube with 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper, 1 spoon cooking wine, half spoon dark soy sauce, 1 spoon starch grasping uniform, set aside 10min.
- 3. Chop ginger, garlic, dried chili, and leek into small pieces, put them together with peppercorn in a bowl.
- 4. Prepare the cooking sauce: mix vinegar, sugar, 1 spoon light soy sauce, 1 spoon starch 1 spoon salt, black pepper and 1spoon cooking wine together..
- 5. Add oil into your wok, heat oil into high temperature..
- 6 add salted chicken cube and seasoning in the bowl, stir fry them quickly for 2 minutes until them cooked.
- 7 add cooking sauce and peanuts, fry them until sauce is absorb..
Homemade Kung Pao chicken is marinated with soy sauce, fresh ginger, and spices before cooking in a smoking hot wok. Kung Pao Chicken is a dish featuring small pieces of diced chicken, peanuts, and chilies. While the dish originated in Sichuan province, its fame brought it to other provinces as well, each with their own regional variation. Traditional Kung Pao Chicken contains chicken, peanuts, and green onions. I added a bell pepper to this recipe, and you could add any other vegetables you'd like.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food kun pao chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.