They're paired frequently in savory soups, stews and roasts throughout Eastern Europe and in Here's the recipe for pork roast with sauerkraut, apples and onions. I hope if you make this recipe I hope you'll come back to leave a star rating and a comment. Sprinkle the pork roast with salt and pepper on all sides, then brown it on all sides in the hot skillet.
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, roast pork with apple sauerkraut. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Roast Pork with Apple Sauerkraut is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Roast Pork with Apple Sauerkraut is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook roast pork with apple sauerkraut using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Roast Pork with Apple Sauerkraut :
- Take 1 lb of pork loin.
- Take 1 of apple.
- Prepare 1 of sweet onion.
- Make ready to taste of Caraway seeds.
- Take of Sage.
- Get 1 tbsp of Granulated garlic.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of Paprika.
- Get 1 tbsp of Sea salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Black pepper.
- Get of Costco's Organic no-salt seasoning.
- Get 1 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of Apple juice.
- Get of Organic yellow mustard.
- Make ready of Your favorite saurkraut.
- Get of Homemade or favorite apple sauce.
Rub pork with sage, salt and pepper. Place fillet in a baking dish and cover with half of the sauerkraut. Sauerkraut, apples and caraway seed herald the German culinary roots of this hearty roast. Put this in the oven on a Sunday afternoon for a "winter's coming" Pour apple juice mixture over pork roast and sauerkraut; cover.
Steps to make Roast Pork with Apple Sauerkraut :
- Coat the pork with a thin layer of mustard. Dust all sides with a 2:1 ratio of No-Salt seasoning and sage. Coat with another thin layer of mustard. Mix the salt, pepper, garlic and paprika together and dust all sides of the pork..
- Allow to rest on the counter and light the grill. Charcoal or wood fire is best but a gas grill is fine too. You're looking to sear the outside, build a light bark but mostly bring that flavor only being cooked on an open flame brings. Also preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a dutch oven on medium high with 2 tbsp oil. Chop the apple and onion, throw into the dutch oven along with the caraway seeds to soften. Keep an eye on the pork, turn to get all sides seared..
- When the pork is seared on all sides – still raw in the middle transfer to the dutch oven. Add the vinegar and enough apple juice to come up 1/25 to 1/3 of the way on the pork. Cover and bake for about an hour to hour and a half. You're looking for the pork to shred easily..
- While the pork is cooking mix equal parts of the saurkraut and applesauce in a bowl. Let sit at room temp until ready to serve..
- Once the pork is tender shred in the dutch oven mix with the juices, apple and onions. Serve and don't forget to spoon the applekraut on the side or over top..
This pork roast is probably the very first roast I ever made on my own. It was after both my Mom and Dad had passed and it was my first New Year's Eve without them. Now I was going out with friends that night however it's a tradition in my family to have pork roast and sauerkraut on NYE. This easy recipe combines apples, pork roast and sauerkraut in the crock pot for a tasty dinner that takes just minutes to prepare. My family loves it for the tasty combination of flavors, I love it because it is a simple "throw and go" recipe for the slow cooker.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food roast pork with apple sauerkraut recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.