Add sour cream and beat to combine. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture and beat just until combined. Once the cake cooled, I topped it with a home made caramel sauce creating a Caramel Apple Coffee Cake.
Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, apple sour cream coffee cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have apple sour cream coffee cake using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake :
- Take of topping.
- Take 1/3 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Take 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Get 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Get of For the cake.
- Get 1/2 cup of softened butter.
- Take 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Make ready 2 large of eggs.
- Get 2 cup of sifted all purpose flour.
- Get 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Take 4 large of gala apples peeled, cored and sliced.
- Prepare of Topping I also add..
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of toffee chips.
It was so good even non-gluten free folks loved it. Apple and Sour Cream Coffee Cake is a wonderful way to use up fall's bounty of deliciously crisp apples. Perfect for snacking or having on your brunch menu. And this coffee cake baking away in my kitchen.
Instructions to make Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake :
- Preheat oven to 325°F,.
- Spray a 9-by-9 inch baking pan..
- Prepare the topping. Combine all Ingredients and mix well. this is when I also add chopped pecans and toffee chips.
- In a bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs.Add vanilla extract..
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt..
- Now pour your wet ingredients into flour mixture mix well..Now add your sour cream. Mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan. Layer with half of the apple slices, then half of the topping. Pour in the remaining batter, layer with the remaining apples (keep 3 slices for decoration), then add the rest of the topping. Arrange the remaining slices on top..
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy.
- I also bake mine after the first hour at a higher temp of 350° for about 20 minutes too give the topping an extra crunch..
- Recipe: courtesy of Enjoy Cooking The Costco Way cook book.
This Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake smells just like cinnamon rolls and will make you wanna stay home bundled up with a warm blanket and cup of coffee on a random afternoon. I'll take one of those any day! Share: Rate this Recipe Excellent with morning coffee or afternoon tea or served for dessert with a dollop of whipped cream. In a large bowl, whisk together flour. Sign up for our Nosher recipe newsletter!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food apple sour cream coffee cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.