To bake or not to bake Wonderful Shepherd's Pie (or Cottage Pieππ¨βπ©βπ§βπ§π€ππ₯πΎπ·. Shepherds pie is made with lamb hense the name 'shepherd' π Cottage pie generally uses beef pretty much the same inside with onions carrots celery and Shepherd's pie uses lamb,either fresh ground or finely chopped leftovers from a roast. This simple meat-and-potatoes casserole options floor beef (or lamb), greens, and a savory gravy baked beneath a thick, fluffy layer of mashed potatoes.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, wonderful shepherd's pie (or cottage pieππ¨βπ©βπ§βπ§π€ππ₯πΎπ·. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Wonderful Shepherd's Pie (or Cottage Pieππ¨βπ©βπ§βπ§π€ππ₯πΎπ· is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Wonderful Shepherd's Pie (or Cottage Pieππ¨βπ©βπ§βπ§π€ππ₯πΎπ· is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have wonderful shepherd's pie (or cottage pieππ¨βπ©βπ§βπ§π€ππ₯πΎπ· using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Wonderful Shepherd's Pie (or Cottage Pieππ¨βπ©βπ§βπ§π€ππ₯πΎπ· :
- Take 1 of very large onion chopped very finely.
- Make ready 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Take 3 tbs of vegetables Rice Bran Oil.
- Make ready 2 pounds of ground Beef chuck or lamb.
- Make ready 3-4 tbs of worcestershire sauce.
- Make ready 1 cup of red wine.
- Take 2 cups of crushed tomatoes (or 1/4 cup italian tomato passata).
- Take 1 1/4 cups of beef stock (3 tbs beef bouillon/stock cubes * Step 2.
- Get of add about 1/2 cup of water to adjust liquid).
- Prepare 4 of fresh bay leaves.
- Get 4 of medium carrots peeled chopped small cubed (cooked).
- Take 6 of celery stalks, thinly sliced.
- Make ready 1 cup of frozen peas (cooked).
- Make ready 1 handful of fresh Flat Parsley, chopped finely.
- Get 1 of small stalk fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried rosemary).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose-flour dissolved in 1/4 cup cold vegetables's water.
- Prepare of To serve with: steam hot rice Jasmine.
- Prepare of or with Roast Pumpkins.
- Take of MASHED POTATOES:.
- Prepare 4-5 of large potatoes (preferable less starch), peeled, sliced.
- Prepare 3 tbs of butter.
- Take 1 cup of whole milk.
- Take 3 tbs of cream (optional).
- Make ready to taste of Salt and grinded black pepper.
- Make ready 1 of medium red onions,π°chopped finely.
- Make ready of Top of minced beef: π§1cup (8 oz) grated Cheddar Cheese.
This DELICIOUS Cottage Pie is made with a mixture of ground beef, ground sausage, and mixed vegetables in a delicious gravy and baked under a layer of fluffy mashed potatoes. This traditional English dish is a close relative to Shepherd's Pie only it's made with beef instead of lamb. After Thanksgiving I love to use leftover mashed potatoes (and even turkey) to make this cottage pie recipe. Shepherd's pie, cottage pie, or Hachis Parmentier is a ground meat pie with a crust or topping of mashed potato of English origin.
Instructions to make Wonderful Shepherd's Pie (or Cottage Pieππ¨βπ©βπ§βπ§π€ππ₯πΎπ· :
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.Heat oil in a large wok (or large frying pan)over medium heat.Add onions & cook until slightly translucent.Add ground meat,cook meat with onions stirring constantly to make sure you're cooking all the meat evenly.Once the meat is all brown&you see it's juices filling the pan then sprinkle salt over the top&with wooden spoon break the lumps, then add red wine, mix &stir for 8', then add bay leaves,1stalk rosemary, celery, garlic, black pepper & parsley. Mix all and.
- Turn heat down to low to simmer. Add 1/4 cup Italian Tomato Passata (or whole tomato 1can), 1 1/4 cup beef stock, 2 beef stock cubes and add solution of 1 tbs flour for thicken. Combine everything well. Season with salt & pepper. Let simmer for 20' put the lid on, checking and stirring occasionally. *adjust liquid as needed, adding water in small intervals (you don't want this to dry, but you also don't want to make soup). While the meat cooks make the mashed potatoes..
- Wash and peel potatoes. Place potatoes in a double pot pan, below is the pan that has 1 inch cold water. Bring to a boil then turn down to medium heat until potatoes are tender about 20'. Drain in colander, put the potatoes to a bowl, add 3 tbs butter to melt, salt n pepper, 1 cup milk & 3 tbs cream (option).Mash until smooth & creamy, π°add red onions, salt & pepper, lastly on top add 1cup grated cheese (I'll do that later on). Cover with gladwrap and put to side until ready to use..
- In another saucepan boil the chopped carrots in 1/2cup water & pinch of salt for 5'. Add the frozen peas and cook for further 2'. Turn off. Tipp mixture of carrots & peas into the wok over the minced beef mixture, with the big spoon mix well. Turn off the heat, remove wok from the stove..
- Assembly: Remove the bay leaves&the rosemary stalk from the minced beef mixture.Grease base&sides of a deep rectangular 13inch x 9inch ovenproof baking dish with oil or melted butter.Add the cooked minced beef mixture on the bottom dish,in an even layer.On top I sprinkle 1cup grated cheese.Then on top of cheese I add the mashed potatoes,spread them evenly over the whole dish with a rubber spatula.Cover the whole dish with another 1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese and spread them with a rubber spatula..
- Put the baking dish in the oven in the middle rack and let it cook for 15'-20' (or until the filling is bubbling and the top is golden brown).(I don't like it overcook) Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. To serve with a steam of hot rice and roast pumpkins or any veges that you have in the fridge.πΌπͺ enjoy..
The recipe has many variations, but the defining ingredients are ground red meat cooked in a gravy or sauce with onions, and topped with a layer of mashed potato before it is baked. Sometimes other vegetables are added to the filling, such as peas, sweetcorn. "Shepherd's pie" is made from lamb (hence "shepherd"), while "cottage pie" is made with beef. Cottage pie is actually older than shepherd's pie. The main difference between shepherd pie and cottage pie is in the meat; shepherd pie contains lamb while cottage pie contains beef. Both shepherd pie and cottage pie are two types of meat pies that contain a layer of mashed potatoes on the top.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food wonderful shepherd's pie (or cottage pieππ¨βπ©βπ§βπ§π€ππ₯πΎπ· recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.