Add the onion, carrots and celery. Saute until the vegetables start to turn translucent, a couple of minutes. Cut the chicken into large dice.
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken pot pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Pot Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Chicken Pot Pie is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken pot pie using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Pot Pie :
- Prepare 1 Cup of Cooked Chicken.
- Make ready 1 Can of Chicken Soup.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Vegetables of your choice (I used mushrooms and broccoli).
- Prepare 1 package of puff pastry.
- Take 1/2 Cup of Shredded Cheese.
- Make ready 2 of Egg yolks for egg wash.
In a small saucepan, heat the chicken stock and dissolve the bouillon cubes in the stock. In a large pot or Dutch oven,. Paula's classic Southern Homestyle Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is the ultimate comfort food and is budget-friendly, perfect for leftover chicken. Make the crust and then the filling using cooked chicken, green beans, corn kernels, carrots, onion and celery.
Instructions to make Chicken Pot Pie :
- Pre Heat the oven to 180°C. Grease a pie dish..
- Stir the chicken, soup and vegetables in a bowl. Salt and pepper as needed..
- Roll or pat the pastry to flatten slightly. Cut out a large circle that will cover your pie dish..
- Spoon all of the mixture into the pie dish. Lightly press the chicken mixture down so it's level. Top with cheese and cover with your pastry lid. Cut decorative holes in the pastry to let air escape..
- Bake for 30-45 minutes covered with foil and then 15 minutes uncovered. Let the pie cool in the dish on a wire rack for 5 minutes..
- This dish can be frozen and reheated in the oven for future meals..
Just pull some frozen mixed vegetables from the freezer and a can. Chicken pot pie doesn't have to be a huge ordeal! Dice up an onion, along with some carrots and celery, then throw them into a pot with a little butter over medium heat. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chicken pot pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.