Discover Food Network's delicious and easy-to-prepare pie crust recipes, videos and ideas to use for all of your Thanksgiving desserts. Learn how to make delicious pie crusts from scratch. Our tested recipes will guide you every step of the way towards a flaky, melt-in-your-mouth, buttery dough.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, pie crust. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Pie Crust is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Pie Crust is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pie crust using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pie Crust :
- Get 2 1/4 Cups of Flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Make ready 3/4 cup of Lard or Crisco.
- Get 1/4 cup of Butter.
- Get 4-5 Tbsp of Ice Water.
For something quick and easy, try one of our press-in crusts with graham cracker, gingersnap, or chocolate cookies. Fill or bake shell according to recipe directions. The first step in making pie crust is to quickly whisk together the salt and flour in a large mixing bowl. Then, use a pastry blender to cut cold butter into the flour.
Instructions to make Pie Crust :
- Mix together flour and Salt. Take out 1/3 cup of the mixture..
- Cut Crisco and butter into remaining flour with a pastry cutter until the fat is the size of peas..
- Mix the ice water with the 1/3 cup flour mixture to form a paste. Add to the fat-flour mixture. With a fork mix and shape into a ball. Divide the dough into two parts, let rest a few minutes, then roll out..
- Notes written by my mother. I use the smallest amount of ice water to mix it into a ball. Adding a bit more butter will allow you to mix it into a ball without using any water. I use the pastry cutter instead of a fork, adding the least amount of water possible. I also cut the flour mixture until it is grainy, not the size of peas. Use plastic wrap on the bottom and top of the pie crust when rolling it out as not to add more flour..
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, rotating at 7 minutes..
Work the butter into the dough until the bits are about pea-sized. "Always start with cold butter," says Taste of Home Executive Culinary Director Sarah Farmer. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Place flour, salt and shortening in food processor.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food pie crust recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.