Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, brown rice and tuna salad. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Brown rice and tuna salad is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Brown rice and tuna salad is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have brown rice and tuna salad using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Brown rice and tuna salad :
- Prepare 1 cup of brown rice, cooked.
- Make ready 1 pc. of bell pepper or tomato, chopped.
- Get 1/2 pc. of cucumber, deseeded, chopped.
- Take 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, small, finely chopped.
- Get Handful of dried fruit / pineapple tidbits, drained.
- Prepare Handful of lettuce.
- Prepare of Protein & Spices.
- Make ready 1/2 can of chunky tuna in water/brine, drained.
- Take Handful of chopped walnuts.
- Get 1/8 cup of lemon / lime juice.
- Make ready Dash of salt, to taste (garlic salt is ok too).
- Make ready Dash of paprika or cayenne, to taste.
- Take Dash of olive oil, to taste.
- Make ready Dash of honey, to taste.
- Get of Optional.
- Get 1 tbsp of mayo-less egg salad (check my cookpad page for recipe)OR.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of hummus.
Steps to make Brown rice and tuna salad :
- Wash and cook brown rice according to package instruction..
- Prepare your bell peppers, onion, and garlic: wash, slice, chop and place them all on a big bowl. [You also have to option to quick fry your onion and garlic if you like, before mixing them with other ingredients].
- On the same bowl, add in all the specified protein and spices [and the optional ingredients you fancy]. Set aside and cover while waiting for rice to cook..
- Wash your lettuce, then dry, and cut them into bite sizes by hands. Transfer 1 serving of lettuce on a serving bowl and set aside. Keep leftover lettuce on a ziplock bag and store in fridge. Note: Using a knife to cut lettuce makes lettuce taste bitter. Strange but true, based from experience..
- Soon as the brown rice is cooked. Take 1 cup rice. Add them to the bowl of quickly marinated veggies (w/o lettuce). Mix them well..
- For 1 serve, transfer 1/2 cup brown rice mixture on the serving bowl with lettuce and stir them a bit. Garnish with extra chopped walnuts or dried fruit if you want..
- Keep the brown rice mix leftovers on a container then store in fridge. And it would taste even better the next day! If the leftover mixture has cooled down, you can mix-in the lettuce before storing the meal in fridge. Or alternatively, just bring a ziplock of lettuce with your packed brown rice and mix them upon consumption. Enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food brown rice and tuna salad recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.