Ingredients for peach pie Wet ingredients- Lemon juice, Vanilla extract, Water This Perfect Peach Pie is a classic American Dessert loaded with fresh peaches, cinnamon and a hint of nutmeg. This incredible peachy filling is all encased in a perfectly crisp and flaky melt in your mouth, totally made from scratch crust. Peaches are my favorite fruits, so to make a peach pie is an absolute joy for me.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, perfect peach pie. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Perfect peach pie is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Perfect peach pie is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have perfect peach pie using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Perfect peach pie :
- Take of pie filling.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt (use 1/8 teaspoon, 1/4 was the smallest option).
- Get 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 5 cup of sliced peaches.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Get 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Take 1 tbsp of butter.
- Take of bottom crust.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of flour.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Make ready 2/3 cup of shortening.
- Make ready 6 tbsp of cold water.
- Make ready of top crust.
- Prepare 2 cup of flour.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of cold water.
This step-by-step recipe will guide you through making a perfect, classic peach pie. It uses fresh, ripe peaches and complements them with just a hint of lemon zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Eat it for breakfast or dessert, with whipped cream or ice cream — you really can't go wrong. Peach pie, cobbler, dump cakes, pie bars—we can't get enough.
Steps to make Perfect peach pie :
- To make bottom crust, first remember to keep the fat and water as cold as reasonably possible. Combine flour and salt..
- Cut in butter and shortening until it is a coarse meal. Gradually add in the water until well mixed. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes..
- Make the top pie crust the same way (using correct ingredients of course) and store in the refrigerator until its time to use it..
- When placing dough in pan, roll it out between two pieces of plastic wrap. When its about 1/4 inch thick, remove one side of plastic wrap..
- Use the other piece of plastic wrap to help you keep the crust in one piece while transferring to pie dish. Transfer to pie dish and push out any air bubbles and trim the ends of excess dough. Refrigerate the pie crust until you are ready to fill it and bake it..
- Here's an efficient way to cut up the peaches..
- Combine brown and granulated sugars in a large bowl. Toss in the peaches so they are all well coated in sugar. Let this sit for one hour..
- When the time comes, drain the juice from the peaches but make sure you save it!.
- Combine cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in the juice from the peaches. Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir frequently..
- Take the saucepan off heat. Add in lemon juice and butter. Once its well mixed, pour back into peaches and combine..
- Pour peaches into pie crust. Decorate the top of the pie however you would like. I experimented with the lattice, braids, cut outs, and funky layers. Be creative!.
- Bake for about 55 minutes (25 if you're making a mini pie) at 400°F. Crust should be golden and if you can see the filling it should be just a little bit bubbly..
- The difference between the top and bottom pie crust recipes is in the proportions of butter to shortening. The bottom uses less butter so it doesn't taste quite as good, but it will be flakier. The top is supposed to taste a little bit better (I didn't notice a difference honestly), but will be less flakey and can therefore be better for making small details in your pie. You can use either for either the top or bottom, this is just how I did it and I was very happy with it! Whichever one you are using, its still important to keep the dough cold, or the fat and water react and it won't turn out as well after you finish baking it..
This peach pie recipe gets a quick start thanks to Pillsbury™ pie crust, but if you'd like to try your hand on making pie crust from scratch , it's actually shockingly doable and worth trying if you don't want to run to the store for premade pie dough. This is a simple, quick, old fashioned, baked, two crust peach pie made with fresh peaches and simple ingredients. It's great during summer peach season. In a large bowl, combine sugars; add peaches and toss gently. Perfect Peach Pie, a Southern classic pie made with simple ingredients, sliced fresh juicy peaches, brown sugar, cornstarch, a little vanilla, and piled high in a homemade buttery, flaky crust.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food perfect peach pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.