If adding vegetables add now season to taste with salt and pepper and garlic if desired. Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, creamy shepard's pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Creamy Shepard's Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Creamy Shepard's Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook creamy shepard's pie using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Shepard's Pie :
- Get 1 of Diced onion.
- Take 5 of Diced White Mushrooms.
- Make ready 1 cup of beef or chicken broth.
- Make ready 750 grams of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of diced carrots.
- Take 2/3 cup of frozen peas.
- Take 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Take 4 of potatos.
- Get 1 of salt and pepper according to taste.
- Take 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce sweet and spicy.
Instead of Cream cheese, i used a half can of Mushroom Soup (store brand), and a table spoon of sour cream. Instead of garlic clove, i substituded garlic powder. I also added dried french onion soup mix and pepper to season.. I find that most Shepherds' pie although a.
Instructions to make Creamy Shepard's Pie :
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into squares, boil for 30 min or till soft..
- Fry the onions.
- When the onions are browned add the mushrooms and continue to fry..
- When the mushrooms are also browned add the rest of the vegetables and fry..
- When the mixture is consistent add in the ground beef..
- Fry and mix the beef with the veggies till it is brown and crumbled (evenly)..
- Mix in the tomato paste, BBQ sauce and Chicken broth..
- Fry a bit more and mix until it is uniform..
- Once the potatoes are soft mash them in a separate bowl (use butter if they are too crumbley)..
- Spread the beef mix evenly in a Pyrex tray..
- Spread the potatoes over the beef leaving a jagged rough texture on top ( so when they bake the edges will brown)..
- Bake at 300 °C for 40 min to an hour. Or until the edges are browned..
- Serve and enjoy..
In a large skillet, cook ground beef until brown over medium-high heat. Stir in mushrooms, mixed vegetables, mushroom soup, celery soup, and salt and pepper; heat through. Pour into prepared baking dish, cover with mashed potatoes, and dot with butter. In England, the birthplace of this hearty dish, shepherd's pie is most often made with a ground-lamb filling. In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call for here.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food creamy shepard's pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.