In England (and Australia and New Zealand) they would call the beef dish a "cottage pie" and the lamb dish "shepherd's pie". Regardless of what you call it, a shepherd's pie is basically a casserole with a layer of cooked meat and vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes, and baked in the oven until the mashed potatoes are well browned. In England, the birthplace of this hearty dish, shepherd's pie is most often made with a ground-lamb filling.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, shepherd's pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Shepherd's Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Shepherd's Pie is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have shepherd's pie using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's Pie :
- Take 1 lb of ground beef.
- Make ready 1 can of corn.
- Get 1/2 of onion chopped.
- Take 8 large of potatoes.
- Make ready 1 of seasoned salt to taste.
- Take 1/4 cup of bbq sauce.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of grated cheese.
In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call. Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. A common casserole that originated in the UK, a shepherd's pie is that all-in-one meal that includes richly seasoned beef, vegetables, and a lovely light mashed potato topping.
Instructions to make Shepherd's Pie :
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes..
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook potatoes..
- In another pot cook ground beef. Add chopped onion to pot once beef is slightly browned..
- add the seasoned salt to taste..
- Add corn and bbq sauce, cook for about 10 mins..
- preheat oven to 400°C..
- Drain potatoes. Add salt to taste. Mash potatoes..
- Using a 9 x 9 pan, add the ground beef into the pan. Take the mashed potatoes and put on top of the ground beef..
- Spread the shredded cheese on top of the potatoes. Put the pan into the oven for 15 mins..
- Broil for 3 mins to toast the cheese..
Some have cheese, others include diced potatoes, and still, some have a variety of meats, but this is the one and only classic that my family begs me to make. This shepherd's pie features the traditional minced lamb, but from there the recipe takes things in a sweet-and-savory direction. "This is a Moroccan take on shepherd's pie," says Maryam. "With lamb and turmeric simmered with cinnamon, raisins, and sweet potato. Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl. Combine sour cream, egg yolk and cream. Add the cream mixture into potatoes and mash until.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food shepherd's pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.