Lebanese Lebanese – Lahm Bi Aajin (Meat Pie) Lebanese meat pies are flavorful flat bread pies with spicy ground meat toppings. Embaratouriat Al Lahm bi Ajin in Hrajel is known for, as its name clearly states, Lahm Baajine – and it's good. Biscuit Patisserie and Bakery The recipe I decided to prepare today has two names: lahm bi ajin (or lahm bi ajeen) in Lebanese dialect or sfiha in Arabic.
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, meat pies: lahm b3ajeen. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Meat pies: Lahm B3ajeen is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Meat pies: Lahm B3ajeen is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook meat pies: lahm b3ajeen using 14 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Meat pies: Lahm B3ajeen :
- Make ready of ground meat.
- Make ready of big onion.
- Take of tomatoes, medium size, red.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- Take of pepper.
- Take of salt.
- Get of Dough ingredients:.
- Get of white flour, or 2 cups white & 2 cups whole wheat.
- Get of fast rising yeast.
- Prepare of milk.
- Get of olive oil.
- Take of salt to taste.
- Prepare of water start with 1.5 cups and add for workable dough.
Lahm bi ajin is presented as small pizzas as illustrated in my recipe, whereas for sfiha, even if the recipe is the same, the result is closer to triangular pies where the crust on the edges is folded over. Afif's meat pie is the perfect pre-ski AND post-ski breakfast to devour. They're also wonderful with classic fillings like spiced meat or squash. Fatayar freezes well in a ziplock freezer bag and can be reheated from frozen, or simply thaw to room temperature and eat.
Steps to make Meat pies: Lahm B3ajeen :
- Preparing the dough:.
- Mix all solid ingredients together for 5 min (if using a dough mixer)..
- Add first cup of water, milk and olive oil to solids and mix by hand or run the mixer for 5 min. Add the rest of the water and mix for another 5 min..
- Add water till dough is workable. Good consistency can be measured by the following: if mixing by hand, insert index finger until first knuckle, pull out, dough should only stick to tip of finger; if mixing by mixer, dough should be cleaning the inside of the bowl, then you can stop mixing..
- Place the dough in a container and cover the top keeping a small opening – small enough to allow air to escape but not to dry up the dough..
- Place the container in a warm place for about 60 min (not more than 90 min). Dough size should be approx. twice the size..
- If you are using regular yeast, mix the yeast with some warm water and 1/2 tsp sugar and let it activate for about 15-20 min before you start mixing the dough..
- Prepare the meat mix:.
- Dice the onion into small pieces.
- Dice the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Mix the ground meat with the onion, tomatoes and spices so the all ingredients are well mixed.
- Prepare the lahm b3ajeen:.
- After the dough has doubled in size, work it with your hands until all the air escapes from it..
- Divide it into 10 small pieces, or alternatively 3 large pieces..
- If you do the 10 pieces, spread each piece with the rolling pin until it is to the required thickness. If you do the 3 pieces, spread each piece with the rolling pin to the desired thickness and use a plastic food container to cut out 3 circular pieces from the larger piece..
- On each piece, place the meat mix and spread it evenly..
- Once the meat mix is spread, using a fork, press down on the meat and the dough – this will prevent the dough from rising and splitting into two (as a pita bread loaf) when in the oven..
- Prepare the tray by brushing it with some oil or non-stick spray..
- Place the lahm b3ajeen pieces in the tray..
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the tray in the oven for 15 min.
- Check if the meat is well cooked and the bottom of the dough is brownish – that is when they are done..
Serve fatayar warm or room temperature as an appetizer, or for a meal with a salad. Lebanese meat pies or sfeehas are savory pastries that are traditionally served like pizzas or as little triangles of doughy bread stuffed with a flavorful ground lamb or beef filling. Lebanese meat pies can be made in large sizes to be eaten for a main meal or smaller for appetizers! Hello lil' triangles of deliciousness, we 'meat' again. www. DedeMed.com Step By Step On How To Make Great LAHME BI AJEEN.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food meat pies: lahm b3ajeen recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.