This Instant Pot soup is inspired by the traditional Mexican dish sopa de tortilla (aka tortilla soup). Traditionally, tortilla soup is made with fried corn tortillas and chicken broth flavored with charred tomatoes and chile de árbol. In this recipe we rely on chili powder for some heat, and instead of frying.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chicken tortilla soup (instant pot). It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot) is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook chicken tortilla soup (instant pot) using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot) :
- Prepare 4 of Chicken Thighs, boneless & skinless.
- Take 28 oz. of Canned Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 6 oz. of Canned Diced Green Chilies.
- Take 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 1 of Onion, Diced.
- Get 1 tsp of Garlic, minced.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 4 of Corn Tortillas, cut into thin strips.
- Make ready 2 Tbsp of Fresh Cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese (Cheddar, Oaxaca, & Asadero).
Combine tomatoes, chicken, chiles, broth, onion, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in the Instant Pot; mix well. Secure lid and move pressure release valve to Sealing position. Easy tortilla soup in the instant pot. This soup is easy to make any time of day and have ready by dinnertime.
Instructions to make Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot) :
- Add chicken, diced tomatoes, diced green chilies, chicken broth, onion, garlic, ground cumin, salt, & black pepper to the Instant Pot..
- Mix well..
- Close & lock the lid..
- Turn steam release valve to ensure the pot is sealed..
- Press—PRESSURE COOK: Normal; Pressure Level: High; Time: 9 minutes..
- Press CANCEL (Keep Warm: On).
- Allow Natural Release for 10 minutes..
- Press steam release handle down for Quick Release..
- Remove chicken to a plate & shred into bite size pieces..
- Return chicken to the pot..
- Press SAUTÉ—Normal..
- Add corn tortilla strips & cilantro to the pot..
- Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Serve topped with shredded cheese blend immediately..
Sauté onions and garlic, and Time-saving tips for chicken tortilla soup. When you're making chicken tortilla soup, you can choose to go the convenient route on a. This Instant Pot tortilla soup is so good that the leftovers went really fast too. And there's only two people who live in this house. And we always have tons of leftovers because I cook a whole lot for this blog.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food chicken tortilla soup (instant pot) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.