Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet and rub them with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, chicken pot pie. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Pot Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Chicken Pot Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken pot pie using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Pot Pie :
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- Take 2 cups of frozen peas and carrots.
- Get 1/3 cup of onion.
- Get 1/3 cup of butter.
- Take 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Take 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth.
- Get 2/3 cup of milk.
- Take 2 (9 inch) of unbaked pie crust.
Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest.
Instructions to make Chicken Pot Pie :
- Lay out and measure all of your ingredients.
- Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- After rinsing the chicken breasts, fillet the chicken into thin slices, season with salt and pepper and cook on medium heat..
- Cut the grilled chicken into thin pieces.
- In a small pot, add peas and carrots. Add water to cover (approx 2 cups) and boil on medium heat for 6-8 mins or until cooked..
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Add the chicken, peas and carrots in bottom pie crust..
- Pour sauce over the chicken, peas and carrots and mix..
- Cover with the second pie crust and seal the edges. Make sure you add slits on the top of pie crust to allow steam to escape..
- Place the pot pie in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly..
- Cool for 10 mins. before serving… then Enjoy!.
And whiles it's a dish that you can. Paula's classic Southern Homestyle Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is the ultimate comfort food and is budget-friendly, perfect for leftover chicken. Make the crust and then the filling using cooked chicken, green beans, corn kernels, carrots, onion and celery. Chicken pot pie doesn't have to be a huge ordeal! Dice up an onion, along with some carrots and celery, then throw them into a pot with a little butter over medium heat.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chicken pot pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.