Jamie has made a wonderful Beef and ale pie with cheesy pastry. So let's hold hands across the hemisphere and enjoy. Beef and mushrooms simmer in a rich ale sauce before going into a hearty, flavorful pie guaranteed to warm you up on cold winter evenings.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, beef and ale pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Beef and ale pie is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Beef and ale pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have beef and ale pie using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Beef and ale pie :
- Make ready 800 g of diced beef.
- Get 1 of onion.
- Make ready 500 g of veg of your choice (I used peppers, courgettes and carrots).
- Get 1 clove of garlic.
- Make ready 1 bottle of ruby ale (I used Hobgoblin).
- Make ready 1 sheet of puff pastry.
- Take 1 of stock cube.
- Make ready of Blob of oil or butter for the pan.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of flour.
Place the beef stew meat, onion, and ale in a large saucepan. Meat pies are popular pub grub and perfect comfort food. The filling for this pie only uses onions and carrots, but you can fill meat Good, dark brown English ale is a must to get a deeply infused flavor. Braising the beef in the ale and other ingredients makes it beautifully moist and tender that comes.
Steps to make Beef and ale pie :
- Dice all the veg you are using..
- Heat oil/butter in a large casserole dish and add the beef..
- Once the beef has browned all over, it may end up letting off a lot of liquid, so drain the liquid and sprinkle over the flour. Stir to coat and then remove it from the pan and set aside..
- Heat some more oil /butter in the pan then add the vegetables. Fry until the onions are soft..
- Add the beef to the veg, crumble over the stock cube and poor in the bottle of beer.
- Boil the mixture for about 10-15mins until it starts to reduce..
- At this stage you can leave it much longer for the liquid to get really thick and gravy like (and delicious) but if you're in a rush like me you can scoop out the beef and veg with a slotted spoon and place into a pie dish..
- Cut out a circle big enough to cover the pie dish but be aware it could shrink in the oven so err on the side of too big. If you want to, you can decorate the pie with leftover pastry (mine was an attempt at the Liverpool FC logo!).
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and then brush the egg over the pastry lid..
- Bake in the oven at 200c for 20mins or until the pastry is nice and golden on top..
- Serve with potato and veg of your choice. You can also make gravy or use the leftover liquid from the pie mixture!.
How to Make Beef and Ale Pie. Place flour, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Toss beef through the flour and shake off any excess. Recipe: Courtesy of Jeanette, ALDI Test Kitchen. Up your pie game with this epic recipe.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food beef and ale pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.