This sweet potato shepherd's pie was inspired from my classic Lightened Up Shepherd's Pie. I also have a meatless version, Portobello Shepherd's Pie (vegetarian). This is a crazy month for the North East.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, sweet potato shepard's pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook sweet potato shepard's pie using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie :
- Get 2 of Large Baked Sweet Potatoes.
- Take 2 of Large Zucchini.
- Take 2 of Celery stalks.
- Take 1 package of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 Pound of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Powder.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of Basil.
- Take 4 tablespoons of Water.
- Take 1/4 cup of shredded provolone and mozzarella cheese mixture.
First we got slammed with a hurricane, and yesterday a Nor'easter. Swap mashed potato for vibrant sweet potato and bulk out your lean lamb or beef mince with red lentils for a slimmer take on this comforting classic. Like everyone else in the world, I'm eating a bit lighter and fresher this month. This Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie has been a total staple for me.
Instructions to make Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie :
- Wash all the veggies and drain..
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a large casserole pan..
- Peel and slice two large baked potatoes. Set these aside in a bowl for the topping..
- Slice the top and bottom edges off the zucchini and discard. Slice the zucchini into quarters and then slice them into 1/4" pieces. Place these in a separate bowl from the sweet potatoes..
- Slice the rough top and bottom off the celery and discard. Cut the celery in half and the cut into 1/4" pieces. Place these in a bowl..
- Slice the mushrooms in half and the slice them into 1/4" pieces. Place these in the bowl with the celery..
- In a large skillet, brown the beef until it is pink in the middle. Making certain to chop the pieces while browning the meat. Drain the grease if there is any..
- Add mushrooms and celery to the skillet for 5 minutes and sauté..
- Add the zucchini and the seasonings to the ground beef mixture. Cook the mixture for 3 minutes..
- Place all of the ground beef mixture, veggies and seasonings into the prepared casserole dish. Drizzle the water over the mixture..
- Placed sweet potato slices over the mixture and cover with foil..
- Bake in the 350 oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 10 more minutes..
It's simple and made with healthy but satisfying ingredients. When I was growing up, my mom or stepdad used to make shepherd's pie all the time. Beef, corn, and mashed potatoes topped off with cheese. This Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie is easy to make and it is one of our healthier dishes. This Shepherd's pie recipe almost tastes like Thanksgiving in a pan.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food sweet potato shepard's pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.