The softness of idli lies in the selection of rice and black gram (Ulunthu/Urad dhal). Everybody have their own way of making idly as well as different proportion. Here is my way of making soft idli using poha.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, soft spongy vegetable idli. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Soft Spongy Vegetable Idli is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Soft Spongy Vegetable Idli is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have soft spongy vegetable idli using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Soft Spongy Vegetable Idli :
- Make ready 1 glass of Split black lentils:.
- Prepare 2 glasses of Idli rice:.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Rock salt:.
- Make ready of Oil for greasing.
- Make ready of Water as required.
- Prepare pieces of Carrots diced into small.
- Make ready pieces of French beans cut into small.
Idli can be served with Nariyal Ki Chutney and Sambhar. In this recipe of Idli you can learn how to make soft idli. Surely give your comments and share it with your. Soft and spongy idlis are everyone's favorite and is a great source of proteins and vitamins.
Steps to make Soft Spongy Vegetable Idli :
- Wash and soak idli rice and split black lentil separately in plenty of water for five to six hours..
- Wash soaked black lentil by rubbing in palms to remove the black husk. Keep draining the water with husk and repeat this process again until most of the husk is removed..
- Grind the lentil to a soft, smooth and fluffy batter in a mixer-grinder..
- Grind the rice to a slightly coarse consistency in a mixer-grinder.
- Mix both the batters well in a big container with your hand and let it ferment for 10 to 12 hours..
- Add rock salt in the batter and mix well..
- Prepare Idli maker by adding two cups of water in it and give a boil..
- Grease the idli moulds and Pour two tablespoons of batter in each mould..
- Add chopped veggies on it's top and gently press..
- When idli maker starts producing steam, place the prepared idli moulds in this idli maker and close it..
- Steam for 10 to 12 minutes..
- Turn off flame.Open the idli stand after giving a rest of five minutes and insert a knife in the centre of an idli to check whether idlis are cooked or not..
- When it's cooked let it rest of another two-three minutes before demoulding them..
- If you are in a hurry, pour water on the back side of the moulds before de moulding..
- De-mould idlis with a sharp spoon or knife..
- Serve hot with sambar and coconut chutney..
The whole logic of soft and spongy idli lies in the consistency and grinding Here is the recipe which list all the ingredients to making an perfect idli batter along with the steps to make soft and spongy idli at home. Idli the popular south Indian cuisine and of course very healthy, there are various way of making idli. But today we will know about rava idli (suji idli), very simple to make with the combination of few dals and spices. Apart from being healthy it is quite irresistible too. But thanks to my sis-in-law's recipe and tips learnt from my aunt, Bhawani Rao…I have been making delicious soft.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food soft spongy vegetable idli recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.