It's a spicy stir fried dish made with chopped pork, basil, chilies, and garlic, and it's perfect for a one-dish meal over rice or as a side dish at a family style dinner. Here's my friend Leela's original recipe. Learn how to make pad kra pao (or pad krapow), with pork.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, thai basil pork (pad krapow moo). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo) is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook thai basil pork (pad krapow moo) using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo) :
- Get 7-10 of green chilies (green or mix of red, add as much or as little depending on spicy tolerance).
- Take 7-9 of garlic cloves, whole.
- Take 1 bag of runner beans, finely sliced into circles.
- Take of Cooking the meat:.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil (frying meat).
- Take 500 g of any mince meat (beef, pork or chicken).
- Make ready of Sauce:.
- Get 4 teaspoons of oyster sauce.
- Get 4 teaspoon of light soy sauce.
- Make ready 2 teaspoon of fish sauce (add more or less depending on preference).
- Take 2 tablespoon of sugar (palm or white, use more or less).
- Get 1/2 cup of water (add more or less depending on preference).
- Make ready 1 packet of holy basil leaves (basil leaves), separated from stalk.
- Get of Garnish:.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, frying egg (any oil of preference).
- Take 1 of egg (per serving), fried.
- Prepare 1 of lime, sliced into 4 to 8 wedges.
This classic Thai street food is very simply made of rice, meat, and stir-fry Thai basil. All Reviews for Spicy Thai Basil Chicken (Pad Krapow Gai). Reviews for: Photos of Spicy Thai Basil Chicken (Pad Krapow Gai). Remove the basil leaves from their stems.
Instructions to make Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo) :
- Cut the chillis in half and transfer along with the garlic to a pestle and mortar. Gently crush garlic and chilies together, until you get a coarse paste. Tip: If you don't have a mortar, as an alternative use a blender instead..
- Wash the runner beans in a sieve, drain the excess water and cut of the tops and bottoms. Then place back into the sieve. Get a small amount of runner beans on a chopping board. Cut the runner beans into roughly half an inch, small circular pieces..
- Place onto a plate and repeat until all runner beans have been cut and set aside..
- Grate the palm sugar block over a small bowl (or use white sugar) and set aside..
- In a wok, add and heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Now add the chilli and garlic paste and fry until fragrant (the aroma and spiciness is realstes) stirring occasionally to not burn the garlic..
- Once aromas fills the kitchen add the mince meat to the wok. Break up the mince meat with a spatula into small pieces. Stir the mixture frequently, until the mince is almost cooked..
- Add the runner beans to the mixture and stir occasionally until the soft and cooked. Turn the heat to medium..
- Add the oyster sauce, soya sauce and fish sauce to wok. Thoroughly mix together. Add palm sugar (white sugar), water and stir well. Once combined taste it and adjust (if needed add more soy, oyster sauce fish sauce or sugar). It should have a sweet, salty and spicy flavour all at the same time..
- Turn the heat to low and let the runner beans cook to desired softness. Then add the basil leaves and let it cook for a minute, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, cover with a lid and set aside..
- Now time to make the fried egg. In a pan on medium heat, add a tiny amount of oil and let it heat up. Oil is ready when it becomes shimmery and very loose. Crack the egg into a small bowl and gently place in the pan..
- Let the egg cook for a few minutes. Do not move the egg, the whites will slowly begin to set. In the meantime, in a small bowl scoop some rice. Mould the rice and transfer to a serving bowl and set aside. Add some of the stir fried beef with holy basil onto the serving bowl. Go back to check the eggs..
- When the whites are set and the yolk is cooked to your preference (I like my yolk runny). Remove from the pan immediately and place over the rice. Tip: if you prefer your yolk a bit more cooked, once egg is crispy on the edges flip it over gently. Cook the other side for a minute and turn off heat..
- Its ready to serve. Eat immediately while hot. Serve with one or two lime wedges (squeeze lime over the dish before eating)..
Quickly turn it over a few times to mix the leaves with the meat and then remove from the heat and serve hot with rice. How it's really made in Thailand. The choice for many Thai's is 'pud grapow', one of the best-tasting and easy to cook dishes. Walk into nearly any restaurant in Thailand and you know the chef can make 'pud gaprow'. The key ingredient here is Thai holy basil (krapow) which has a wonderful vibrant, sweet and flavoursome aroma.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food thai basil pork (pad krapow moo) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.