Empanaditas and Pastelitos add variety and Dominican flavor to your hors d'oeuvres platter. This recipe give you the choice to use a chicken, vegan, beef, pork, or cheese fillings. A great snack to serve when having guests.
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, pastelitos (chicken/steak). It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak) is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have pastelitos (chicken/steak) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak) :
- Prepare 1 of Pk. Empanada Discs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of Steak.
- Make ready 2 Cups of Chicken.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Peppers.
- Get 1 of Small Onion.
- Make ready 4 of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of Cheese.
- Prepare of Seasoned Salt.
- Get of Black Pepper.
- Make ready 4 of Heaping Tbs. Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare of Oil.
Stir in chicken spread, raisins, olives, tomato paste, pepper sauce and oregano. In Caribbean countries, especially Cuba, flaky pastries called Pastelitos are eaten for breakfast, as snacks and for dessert. These delicious pastries can be stuffed with so many types of fillings. With sweet fillings they can used as desserts and with savory fillings, either as side dishes or snacks. puff pastry sheets. simple syrup. sugar. guava marmalade. cream cheese. herbed cream cheese. sweetened cream cheese. "picadillo" style meat. apple pie filling. cherry pie filling.
Steps to make Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak) :
- Prep ingredients as seen below. (I used cooked bbq meats, so they were already seasoned. I seasoned the veggies with seasoned salt and black pepper. I recommend seasoning your meat if it’s not pre-cooked). Divide and sauté veggies in two pans..
- Add meats, respectively and heat through. Finish with 2 Tbs. Tomato Sauce in each pan. Stir and let cool to room temperature. Set up a flat work station and get some flour on it..
- This is the challenging part. Don’t listen to your mind. Your mind will tell you to stuff the hell out of these, but don’t. The maximum you can put in these is about 2 1/2- 3 Tbs. of filling. So, do that and put some cheese on top. Keep everything centered then fold it over as seen. Pinch the edges hard with a fork. Be careful not to pierce the middle. You don’t want them opening up in the hot oil..
- I used a cast iron skillet with an unquantifiable amount of oil. Get the oil hot and begin frying. Just be sure that you can cover at least 3/4 of the pastelitos. If you have a deep fryer, even better. (Yes, you can bake these. And it’s sinful, but yes, you can probably put them in the air fryer). Fry for a few minutes on each side..
- Remove when golden brown. Not too brown, just brown enough. The browning will continue when removed. Also, I found the best way to drain is by placing them on a rack with paper towels underneath. That way, they’re not sitting in a oil-soaked pad of paper towels..
Cuban pastries (turnovers) made with puff pastry and filled with guava paste and cream cheese. Cooking Times & Temps beef, chicken, ham, pork, turkey. Home > Recipes > Main Dishes > Pastelitos. If using Dufour you will need two packages, and will get ten pastelitos, rather than eight. Pastelitos de hoja is a Sephardic Jewish pastry originating in the Jewish community that formerly existed in Tetouan, Morocco.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food pastelitos (chicken/steak) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.