Carefully lift the phyllo dough stack and place over the chicken vegetable filling. This Phyllo Chicken Pie Recipe is inspired by my love for Turkish cuisine. This phyllo chicken pie recipe is my ode, or an easier twist to the yufka borek, which is quite popular in Turkish cuisine.
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, phyllo chicken pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Phyllo chicken pie is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Phyllo chicken pie is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook phyllo chicken pie using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Phyllo chicken pie :
- Prepare of Phyllo dough.
- Take 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 5 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar.
- Take 3/4 cup of warm water (43 degrees C).
- Make ready of Starch mixture for phyllo dough.
- Get 1 cup of corn starch.
- Get 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- Get of Chicken filling.
- Make ready 8 of chicken drumsticks.
- Take 1 of big onion.
- Prepare 1 of bulb of garlic.
- Get 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Get 3 teaspoons of black pepper.
- Take 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Get 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Take 2 cups of melted butter.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of icing sugar.
A healthy version of the traditional chicken pot pie loaded with vegetables but does not contain any cream, butter or milk (Dairy-Free). Full of fresh herbs and topped with a light and flaky phyllo crust. Chicken pot pie is made easy with this recipe that uses canned mushroom soup, frozen veggies, precooked chicken, and phyllo dough. Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Pot Pie with Phyllo Crust.
Steps to make Phyllo chicken pie :
- Place 2 cups flour in a mixing bowl; make a well in the center. Drizzle in olive oil and add salt; add white wine vinegar and warm water. Mix until dough just comes together and pulls away from the sides of the bowl, 1 or 2 minutes. Transfer dough ball to a lightly floured work surface..
- Knead until dough is smooth, using just enough flour to keep it from sticking to the work surface or your hands, 2 or 3 minutes. Continue to knead until dough is supple and elastic, about 5 more minutes. Wrap dough ball in plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature, 1 to 2 hours..
- Divide dough into 15-20 (20 gram or 30 gram) portions using a kitchen scale; roll each portion into a ball. Place on plate and cover with plastic wrap to prevent dough balls from drying out while you begin to roll them out. Work in batches of 5..
- Mix cornstarch and flour together in a bowl for starch mixture. Dust a work surface and the first dough ball with the cornstarch mixture. Flatten out the dough ball and roll out into a circle, about 5 cm in diameter. Dust again with cornstarch mixture. Set circle to one side. Roll out 4 more dough balls to about the same diameter and stack them on the first one, dusting each layer with more of the cornstarch mixture to keep them from sticking together..
- When you have 5 circles, roll out the stack to a larger circle about double in size, turning as you go to maintain a round shape. Separate each layer and lay out the circles. Re-apply more cornstarch mixture where needed and restack them. Roll again until the 5-layer stack is paper thin, about 10 to 12 inches in diameter. Place on a sheet of parchment paper; top with another piece of parchment. Gently roll up the dough; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate..
- Repeat with the remaining 15 balls of dough in batches of 5..
- Bake chicken drumsticks covered in aluminum foils in oven for 25 minutes (190 degrees C). Dice the onion and garlic. Dice the drumsticks after baking. Save the chicken juice in the aluminum foils..
- Medium heat, pour in olive oil, fry the onion and garlic until softened. Add cinnamon, black pepper, sugar, salt, drumsticks, chicken juice. Add spices to your own preference. Cook it all until it becomes a bit dry, not too juicy, remove from the stove, add beaten eggs, stir and side aside to cool down..
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Butter the pan and the phyllo sheets, stack the phyllo sheets and chicken by “4 layers phyllo + 1/2 chicken + 2 layers phyllo + 1/2 chicken + 4 layers phyllo”. Make sure to cover the side wall of the pan. Fold the phyllo sheets outside of the pan into the middle. Butter the top..
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes. Take out, flip to the other side, cook for another 10 minutes. Flip it back, put on a plate, sprinkle on icing sugar. Ready to serve..
Chicken Florentine Phyllo Pie – A creamy, cheesy and delicious mixture of chicken and spinach nestled between crispy and flaky phyllo sheets. This vegan chicken pot pie is comfort food to the max and despite the scary phyllo crust is easy to put together. The more I work with phyllo, the more I love it and realize how forgiving it is despite how. An excellent way to use up leftover chicken or turkey meat. The recipe uses phyllo instead of a carb-dense and high-fat pie crust, which significantly reduces the amount of calories.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food phyllo chicken pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.