This Japanese chicken katsu curry is an easy low-cost meal. You can prepare the sauce in advance, and quickly fry the strips of chicken just before serving. Remove from the pan and keep warm while you fry the remaining chicken.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, chicken katsu served with jasmine sticky rice, curry sauce and green beans.😋. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken katsu served with jasmine sticky rice, curry sauce and green beans.😋 is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Chicken katsu served with jasmine sticky rice, curry sauce and green beans.😋 is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken katsu served with jasmine sticky rice, curry sauce and green beans.😋 using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken katsu served with jasmine sticky rice, curry sauce and green beans.😋 :
- Get 2 of chicken breast.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of seasoned plain flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Make ready 5 tbsp of panko breadcrumb.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil.
- Make ready of For curry sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 of fine diced onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Get 1 tbsp of fresh garlic.
- Take 1 tbsp of sou sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of honey.
- Make ready to taste of Salt.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- Take 500 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Get 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Make ready of For Sticky Rice.
- Get 150 g of jasmine rice.
- Make ready 300 ml of water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of butter or oil.
Serve the crisp chicken with steamed rice and the hot curry sauce. Chicken Katsu – Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs. Katsu sauce can be purchased at Japanese or Asian stores, but you can also make homemade tonkatsu or katsu sauce. What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
Instructions to make Chicken katsu served with jasmine sticky rice, curry sauce and green beans.😋 :
- In the pot, heat up some oil. Add onions and cook it for 2-3 mins. Once the onions are cooked add brown sugar for onions to get carmalised..
- Add garlic and cook it for further one minute. Add curry powder. Stir it well. Add plain flour and beat it together with the spatula..
- Add chicken stock bit by bit until it become smooth, silky texture and lumps free. Add honey and soy sauce. Mix it together. At the last, add garam masala. Serve it into the gravy boat..
- For Sticky Rice:.
- Wash the rice 3-4 times under cold running water. In the pot, heat up some oil. Add washed rice and water. Add little salt to taste. Let it simmer for 15 mins. Turn the gas off, put the lid on and let it cook with the steam..
- For Chicken Katsu:.
- Tenderise the chicken lightly. Season it well with salt and pepper..
- In three different bowls, add plain flour, eggs and panko breadcrumb..
- Take the chicken breast, dust it with the flour, shake off any excess flour. Then dip in to the eggs mixture and then coat it with the breadcrumb. Repeat the same process with the rest of the chicken breast..
- Heat up some oil and shallow fry the chicken on both sides for 2 mins each. Transfer the chicken in to the hot oven on 175 degree for 20-25 mins..
- Make sure check the temperature of the chicken once it reaches above 75 degree means the chicken is cooked..
- Serve it in the serving dish along with the rice, green beans and curry sauce..
- Garnish with sliced spring onions and enjoy..
This meal is best served with steamed rice. Strain curry sauce through a sieve, a little bit at a time. Slice the chicken into lengths and plate up next to the rice. Add salad, or wok-fried greens to the plate alongside, then drench in curry sauce. Top tip for making Wagamama chicken katsu curry.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food chicken katsu served with jasmine sticky rice, curry sauce and green beans.😋 recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.