Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, steamed cocoa coffee layer cake. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Steamed Cocoa Coffee Layer Cake is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Steamed Cocoa Coffee Layer Cake is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have steamed cocoa coffee layer cake using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Steamed Cocoa Coffee Layer Cake :
- Take of Part A.
- Prepare of 3-in-1 coffee + 10 ml hot water.
- Prepare of cocoa powder + 25ml hot water.
- Make ready of Part B.
- Make ready of large eggs.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Make ready of Part C.
- Prepare of low protein flour/ superfine/plain flour.
- Take of baking powder.
- Get of Part D.
- Make ready of melted butter/corn oil.
- Prepare of coconut milk.
Instructions to make Steamed Cocoa Coffee Layer Cake :
- Prepare ingredients in Part A. Set aside. Get other ingredients ready too. Get the steamer ready. Cover the lid with tea towel. I used non stick bread pan for this cake. Size: 24 × 13 × 6.5cm or 9 1/2 × 5 x 2 1/2 inches..
- Note: A tea towel or a cloth covering the underside of the lid is necessary when steaming cakes. The idea is for the cloth to collect any condensation so that it doesn't fall onto the surface of the cake. Another important thing to note is that, the water in the steamer should be (already) boiling before steaming the cake. If at all you need to add water into the steamer while steaming, boil water in a kettle or pot and once boil, pour it immediately into the steamer..
- Cream ingredients in Part B till light and fluffy. Set aside..
- Sift together ingredients in Part C..
- Add C into B mixture in few parts. Do not add everything in one go..
- Once everything is well-mixed, add in Part D (melted butter and coconut milk) alternately. Mix batter in between additions..
- Divide batter into 3 equal portions. Add coffee to one portion, cocoa to another & leave another one plain..
- Steamer should be ready before steaming the cake. Pour 1/3 cup, or more depending on how thick you want your layer to be, of cocoa batter into the baking pan. Steam layer over medium heat for 5-8mins. Remove the lid, take another 1/3 cup of coffee batter and layer it on top of the first one. Steam again. Next add a layer of the plain batter. Do the same with the rest of batter. Steam the very last layer of the batter for extra 20mins..
- Once done, leave cake in the cake pan to completely cool before cutting or serving..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food steamed cocoa coffee layer cake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.