Make the pastry: cut the butter into cubes and rub into the flour with your fingers until the whole thing looks like breadcrumbs. Add the water and combine with your hands to make one big dough ball. Spoon the jam into the cooked pastry base, then level the surface.
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, old skool cornflake tart. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Old skool cornflake tart is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Old skool cornflake tart is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook old skool cornflake tart using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Old skool cornflake tart :
- Prepare 180 g of plain flour.
- Get 80 g of butter.
- Take 30 ml of water.
- Get of For the filling.
- Get 100 g of cornflakes.
- Get 2 tbsp of strawberry jam.
- Prepare 60 g of butter.
- Make ready 30 g of brown sugar.
- Get 30 g of agave/golden syrup.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
Tip the cornflake mixture over the jam and gently press down until all of the jam is covered with a layer of the mixture. Gracing school dinners halls in the latter half of the last century, this sweet number is sure to bring out everybody's inner child. A shortcrust pastry case, filled with sharp raspberry jam and a heaping layer of sticky, sweet & crunchy cornflakes dressed in golden. Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a large heavy bottomed saucepan, then gently stir in the cornflakes.
Instructions to make Old skool cornflake tart :
- Make the pastry: cut the butter into cubes and rub into the flour with your fingers until the whole thing looks like breadcrumbs..
- Add the water and combine with your hands to make one big dough ball. Wrap it in cling film and leave in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
- Roll out the pastry to the thickness of a pound..
- Rub some butter on to a tart tin and sprinkle on some flour over the butter. This will stop the pastry sticking..
- Place the pastry carefully over the tart tin and carefully press it into the gaps. Keep the overhanging bits on for now as it will shrink..
- Heat the oven to 160c (fan).
- Place some baking paper over the pastry and use either baking beans or something dried to weigh down the paper (I used lentils but have used rice in the past).
- Bake the pastry for about 15 mins. Then trim the edges and remove the baking paper and dried weight stuff. Bake for a further 5 mins..
- While the pastry cools slightly, making the filling. Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a pan then remove the heat and add the cornflakes. Stir to coat the cornflakes..
- Spread the jam over the base of the tart then pour over the cornflakes. Bake in the oven for about 5 mins then leave to set in the tin for about 5 mins (we were naughty and went straight in!) serve with a nice blob of ice cream or some custard..
Spread a thin layer of jam over the pastry case and place the cornflake mix on top. Cornflake Tart is simple, cheap, sweet and filling. There's not a lot that's healthy about it, but for nostalgia's sake I had to recreate it. Served with a ladle of steaming custard, this school dinner treat really hit the spot. Crisp shortcrust pastry, a thick layer of raspberry jam topped with sticky golden syrup smothered cornflakes.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food old skool cornflake tart recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.