Maybe all pasta is deemed easy and family friendly, but for some reason, orzo pasta is one that totally seems to appease my family, and so I always add it to. Top with more feta and parsley and serve as a main dish salad or with grilled chicken, fish or burgers! Summer is just around the corner and if you're looking for an easy grilled chicken recipe or even a fresh take on an orzo salad, QVC's Jill Bauer has a.
Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, mediterranean orzo chicken pasta. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mediterranean Orzo Chicken Pasta is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Mediterranean Orzo Chicken Pasta is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mediterranean orzo chicken pasta using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mediterranean Orzo Chicken Pasta :
- Take 3/4 cup of Uncooked Orzo Pasta.
- Make ready 1 medium of cucumber, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of minced fresh parsley. (OR 1 T. of dried parsley).
- Take 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Take 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- Take 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces OR store bought, already cooked and diced, chicken..
These Mediterranean diet chicken recipes are so good we insist you give 'em a go. We're guessing you won't look back. We say go for a pilaf, a Mediterranean spin on rice (or in this case, orzo). Cooked in sautéed onion juice and chicken broth, the orzo soaks up all kinds of flavor, meaning.
Instructions to make Mediterranean Orzo Chicken Pasta :
- Cook the Orzo pasta according to the box's directions..
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken until no longer pink. (I poach my chicken).
- To poach chicken, place chicken in large skillet, season chicken to your liking, pour 1 1/2 cups of water over the chicken, cover the skillet with a lid and let it boil over medium heat for 30 minutes. When done, take chicken out of the skillet with tongs and check for doneness..
- Dice the chicken into 1 inch pieces..
- Skin and cut the cucumber..
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, parsley, and chicken..
- After draining the Orzo pasta, stir it into the chicken mixture..
- In another small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Then pour over the chicken mixture..
- Toss to coat..
- Just before serving, sprinkle with feta cheese..
- Can be served warm or cold. If choosing to serve cold, chill the meal for at least 30 minutes. (I prefer cold).
- **I double this recipe for my family of 6 and triple the dressing to add more flavor. This meal goes great with garlic bread and makes yummy leftovers**.
If you've never had orzo before then don't be fooled – it might look like rice, but orzo is actually pasta! We absolutely love it and it makes a really nice change to pastas like penne or fusilli. Home · Recipes · Ingredient · Chicken · Mediterranean Chicken and Orzo Salad. I was craving our mom's pasta salad, and thought it would be really good with a little mediterranean twist. I found this recipe and tweaked it, and we will be eating this one again and again and again.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food mediterranean orzo chicken pasta recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.