Scotch Egg Recipe – Deep Fried Easy Egg Recipe. Learn how to make traditional Scotch eggs, these amazing eggs wrapped in sausage meat are the perfect picnic food. Scotch eggs are basically boiled Eggs wrapped in a blanket of Sausage meat, breaded and deep-fried till golden brown and I must add, they are very delicious as well.
Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, traditional scotch eggs. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Traditional scotch eggs is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Traditional scotch eggs is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have traditional scotch eggs using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Traditional scotch eggs :
- Take of eggs – small / medium (fresh local ones of possible).
- Prepare of Dried or fresh herbs (chive, thyme, parsley).
- Prepare of onion.
- Make ready of Garlic clove.
- Prepare of milk.
- Take of white bread.
- Prepare of Plain flour.
- Make ready of Salt and pepper.
- Get of pork mince (I use 5% fat).
- Make ready of Vegetable oil.
Deliciously moist and moreish, each Scotch Egg contains a free range egg with a vibrant orange yolk coated in British outdoor-reared pork and a generous coating of crisp homemade breadcrumbs. Scotch eggs are one of Britain's most popular snacks, consisting of hard-boiled eggs that are encased in sausage meat and coated in breadcrumbs. However, if desired, the eggs can be slightly runny. Scotch egg, a traditional British dish consisting of a shelled hard-boiled egg In the United States, Scotch eggs are typically served hot and accompanied by ranch dressing or other dipping sauces.
Steps to make Traditional scotch eggs :
- Soft boil 4 eggs (5 minutes in simmering water). Quickly cool in ice water. Peel shells..
- Meanwhile blitz bread into soft crumbs and season with salt.
- Finely chop onion and garlic. Microwave in large bowl for 2 minutes.
- Add pork mince and herbs to the bowl. Add generous grinding of black pepper. Mix and push together with your hands. Form into 4 balls..
- Beat 1 raw egg into a bowl with a splash of milk. Prepare flour and breadcrumbs in separate bowls..
- Pre heat deep fat frier or deep pan of vegetable oil to 170 (oC).
- Put a ball of pork mixture onto a sheet of cling film on the worktop. Cover with second sheet of cling film and push flat. Remove top layer of cling film..
- Roll 1 egg in flour. Place on flattened pork mixture and use cling film to encase the egg. Smooth round and tight with hands..
- Roll this ball in flour, then egg mix, then breadcrumbs. Repeat with egg and breadcrumbs..
- Place in hot oil so it’s fully covered and set a timer for 7 minutes..
- Repeat with all 4 eggs. Once each egg has had 7 mins they should be cooked and golden. Rest on paper towel for 5 – 10 minutes.
- To eat warm, serve cut in half. Or place in fridge and enjoy cold.
Scotch Eggs are hard-boiled eggs wrapped in sausage meat, breaded and fried. The Traditional Scotch Egg is not actually a Scottish recipe at all; it was actually born and bred in England. We've fallen hard for Scotch eggs—the gastropub staple—cooked eggs swaddled in sausage meat, then breaded and fried. Sorry, doc, now we're making them at home. Chef John's version of Scotch eggs calls for soft-boiled eggs; when you bite into the egg you get an amazing contrast between molten yolk and crispy sausage shell.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food traditional scotch eggs recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.