Ham bone split pea soup is the pinnacle of split pea soups and it's probably because you don't get it that often. Drain the peas and set aside. Place in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, split pea ham soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Split Pea Ham Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Split Pea Ham Soup is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook split pea ham soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Split Pea Ham Soup :
- Get of In Dutch Oven.
- Get 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Take 1 cup of chopped celery.
- Make ready 1 cup of chopped carrots.
- Take 2 clove of chopped garlic.
- Make ready 2 cup of dried green split peas (rinsed and sorted through to insure no little rocks are going in your soup).
- Take 2 1/2 tsp of Vegeta (seasoned vegetable salt).
- Make ready 8 cup of chicken broth.
- Get 1 of dried bayleaf.
- Take 1 lb of smoked kielbasa, cut into large chunks. so its easy to remove before blending soup. Slice up after cooking.
When I want split pea soup in a hurry, my pressure cooker is my best friend! Here I chopped up some of my leftover ham and sauteed it as my garnish. This bone was leftover from mt Apricot-Rum Glazed Ham recipe. When making soups and stews in the pressure cooker, very little liquid evaporates, so I.
Instructions to make Split Pea Ham Soup :
- Sautee butter, oil, celery, carrot, onion and garlic over medium heat, until onions are translucent..
- Add chicken broth, green split peas, bayleaf and vegeta.
- Add smoked kielbasa.
- Bring up to boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours, covered, stirring occasionally (or until peas are somewhat falling apart and tender).
- NOW I like my soup a little chunky, but some like it completely blended. I just use my immersion (stick) blender and pulse it a few times, until I reach a desired consistency. You can use a blender too, if you would like. REMOVE BAYLEAF AND MEAT BEFORE BLENDING.
- Slice up kielbasa. Add back to soup. Enjoy!.
- You can substitute smoked ham hock, cubed ham steak, reg sausage…whatever you choose..
Ladle the hot split pea and ham soup into prepared hot jars. The soup will thicken during the canning process How Long To Can Split Pea and Ham Soup. Made with dried "split" peas, and cooked up with flavorful, smoky ham hocks, split pea soup is warm, satisfying, and great for leftovers. This split pea and ham soup turns out creamy and delicious every time, all thanks to your slow cooker. An easy, excellent recipe to add to your fall/winter rotation, this filling and flavorful split pea and ham soup is sure to become a new favorite in your house.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food split pea ham soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.