You'll love the convenience of this easy, comforting shepherd's pie from Martha Stewart. Unlike other shepherd's pie recipes, this one calls for frozen vegetables instead of fresh and can be made the day before. Shepherd's pie lamb, cottage pie beef.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, shepherds pie😋. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Shepherds pie😋 is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Shepherds pie😋 is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have shepherds pie😋 using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherds pie😋 :
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Minced meat.
- Get of Onion.
- Take of Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Green hoho.
- Make ready of Carrots.
- Prepare of Ginger garlic paste.
- Take of Garam masala.
- Get of Paprika.
- Take of Beef.
- Prepare of Cheese – cheddar.
Another explanation is that Cottage pie should be made with a topping of sliced potato like roof tiles and shepherd's pie is mash like a lambs fluffy wool. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato. Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb.
Steps to make Shepherds pie😋 :
- Peel potatoes wash and cube them. Then add salt and boil until soft. Then mash adding a little milk to the potatoes. Once done set aside.
- For the minced meat,place them in a pan and let it cook and boil in it's own juices. You dont need to add water. Set aside once done..
- In another pan,fry the onions until golden brown. Add the cubed carrots and let it cook through..
- Add the ginger garlic paste and the tomatoes and hoho,let everything cook up. Add the spices,a little water and let it simmer until the tomatoes release their juices..
- Now to the fried mixture add the minced meat and mix well. Add a little water,cover and let it cook through for 5 minutes or until it's done..
- Transfer the cooked minced meat to your baking dish and spread it out evenly.Then sprinkle a little cheese,I used cheddar. Then now put the mashed potato layer on top and try flatten it over the meat..
- Again sprinkle more cheese according to your liking. Then bake at 180 degree for 20 minutes or until the top layer is well cooked..
- Now it's ready to serve..
These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. My husband loves shepherd's pie, so I had to make this when I saw the recipe (he loves corn, too); and I have to say this is the best tasting shepherd's pie. Easy to make – with a yum-yum factor that has him raving. Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie would actually call for ground lamb.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food shepherds pie😋 recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.