Combine sour cream, egg yolk and cream. In England, the birthplace of this hearty dish, shepherd's pie is most often made with a ground-lamb filling. In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call for here.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, easy shepherd’s pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Easy Shepherd’s Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Easy Shepherd’s Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have easy shepherd’s pie using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Shepherd’s Pie :
- Prepare 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Make ready 20 g of butter.
- Make ready 3 of carrots, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 4-500 g of lean beef mince.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of tomato purée.
- Prepare of 400 ml chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Take 200 g of frozen peas.
- Make ready 600 g of rooster potatoes peeled and and cut.
I was looking for a quick & easy Shepherd's Pie recipe and took a shot at this one. It's surprisingly good for such simple ingredients but won't fool a real home-cook 😉 I sauteed a chopped onion with the beef and seasoned with salt & pepper while cooking. Beef Shepherd's Pie is a delicious and comforting meal that can be prepared quickly and your family will love it. I came up with this super easy shepherd's pie recipe because I have a lot of kids and not a lot of time so easy and fast are the way to go!
Instructions to make Easy Shepherd’s Pie :
- Melt 10g of butter in the pan and add the onion carrots and garlic. Cook for five minutes to soften.
- Add the lean mince to the onion garlic and carrots and break up any lumps with a spoon. Cook until browned..
- Add the flour and tomato purée and cook for 1 minute ensuring it is stirred in. Add the chicken stock and Worcestershire sauce and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally..
- Turn off the heat and add the frozen peas to the pan. Place the mixture in an oven proof dish. Set aside and allow a skin to form whilst preparing the potatoes. Preheat the oven to 180C /350F.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes until softened. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Add black pepper and beat in a teaspoon of butter. Spoon the mash over the mince..
- Bake in the oven for 40minutes until golden and bubbling!.
This is a quick, and easy American twist on the traditional Irish shepherd's pie. Easy Shepherd's Pie is the perfect week-night dinner! Loaded with meat and veggies and topped with potatoes and cheese, this warm dish is the ultimate comfort food. This Easy Shepherd's Pie Recipe has got your back! It has only FIVE simple ingredients and is constantly requested by my family of hungry boys.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food easy shepherd’s pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.