It is coated in a delicious honey dijon sauce and topped with ham and melty swiss cheese! I have been loving skillet chicken meals lately if you haven't already been able to tell. But they are so quick and easy and honestly taste like they are from a restaurant.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, ham and swiss skillet chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Ham and Swiss Skillet Chicken is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Ham and Swiss Skillet Chicken is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ham and swiss skillet chicken using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Ham and Swiss Skillet Chicken :
- Make ready 4 of Boneless Chicken Breasts.
- Make ready 1 of Italian Bread Crumbs (as much as needed).
- Take 1 of Egg.
- Make ready 1 of Enough Oil To Cook Chicken In.
- Get 4 of Slices Smoked Or Cooked Ham.
- Get 6 of Slices Swiss Cheese.
- Make ready 1 can of Cream Of Celery Soup.
- Get 1 can of Cream Of Chicken Soup.
- Get 1/4 cup of White Wine.
- Get 2 tbsp of Milk.
- Get 1 of Couple Pinches Of Dried Sage.
- Make ready 1 of Salt And Pepper To Taste.
- Prepare 1 of Parsley (For Garnish).
This EASY Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleurecipe is made with thin sliced boneless chicken cutlets, lightly pan fried then topped with ham and Swiss in a light Lemon-Dijon Sauce. Top each piece with a slice of ham and cheese. Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
Steps to make Ham and Swiss Skillet Chicken :
- Pound chicken breasts between wax paper or plastic wrap to about an 1/2 inch thick..
- Dip each chicken breast into beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs..
- While your chicken is cooking, mix your soups, 2 slices swiss cheese ( torn up), wine, milk, sage, salt and pepper. *** More milk may be added to reach desired consistancy. Simmer..
- After you heat your oil, cook your chicken breasts until golden brown and done. About 10 minutes each side. Remove from pan drain on paper towels. Empty excess oil from your pan also..
- Return chicken breasts to pan. Top with slice of Ham, a piece of cheese and a bit of the sauce. Cover and cook until cheese is all melted all nice and hot! Spoon extra sauce over rice and more over the chicken if you like! Sprinkle with parsley and Enjoy!.
Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roll up each cutlet with a slice each of the ham and cheese. Our skillet version of this popular dish features sautéed chicken breasts topped with ham and Swiss cheese all simmered in a creamy white wine sauce. Tuck one ham and Swiss roll-up into each chicken piece and folding chicken over to secure. Place into the prepared baking dish with the ham-cheese side down.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food ham and swiss skillet chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.