This recipe is a savory pie and the recipe can be. Classic, epic Cottage Pie made properly, with a luscious filling. Easy to make, great for freezing, plus a quick cooking video is also provided!
Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, a proper cottage pie. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
A Proper Cottage Pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. A Proper Cottage Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have a proper cottage pie using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make A Proper Cottage Pie :
- Prepare of Filling.
- Get of ground beef.
- Prepare of beef broth.
- Make ready of carrots.
- Prepare of celery.
- Prepare of onion.
- Make ready of red wine.
- Get of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- Make ready of Worcestershire sauce.
- Take of minced garlic.
- Take of dried thyme.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of butter.
- Make ready of Mash.
- Take of butter.
- Prepare of salt.
- Make ready of sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
- Make ready of potatoes.
- Make ready of water.
- Get of chopped parsley flakes.
- Make ready of evaporated milk.
- Get of Topping.
- Take of sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
Cottage Pie – comfort food central! This English classic has a deeply savoury beef mince filling smothered in gravy topped with creamy mashed potato, baked until. Try this next-level, indulgent cottage pie from our sister title olivemagazine.com/cottage-pie. Make sure the pie is completely cold, then cover it well with cling film and freeze.
Steps to make A Proper Cottage Pie :
- Peel wash and cube the potatoes. Cover with water and boil till fork tender. Drain the water. Add the butter, and milk. Shred the cheese and add to the potatoes. Add the parsley and salt..
- Whip the potatoes well till creamy. Let rest. Chop the vegetables and melt the butter..
- Sauté the vegetables for 12 minutes in the butter with the salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme. Add the beef and when browned add the wine and allow to reduce. Simmer 15 minutes. This can be done as you are doing the potatoes..
- When the liquids are reduced add the flour and tomato paste. Stir and incorporate well. Let the flour cout and cook for 7 minutes. Add the broth..
- Preheat the oven 400°Fahrenheit. Stir well stirring constantly this will thicken. Transfer to an oven safe pan I used an 8×12 pan about 2-1/2 inch deep. Spread it out evenly. Then add the mashed potatoes I used a spoon, but you can pipe it on..
- Take a big fork and plow the field, put grooves on top. Then top off with 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded. Put onto another pan. I put parchment paper on the bottom pan for easy cleanup. It's gonna bubble over!!!.
- Bake 30 minutes. Take out of oven and allow to rest 12-15 minutes before serving. I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Always freeze the pie on the day that you make it. Defrost in the fridge overnight, then cook as. This DELICIOUS Cottage Pie is made with a mixture of ground beef, ground sausage, and mixed vegetables in a delicious gravy and baked under a layer of fluffy mashed potatoes. This is just perfect for our mad March weather and I cannot think of a better dinner to feed your family after you return home from a day at the parade. Prepare this the night before or that morning and then just pop it in the oven to bake as soon as you get home.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food a proper cottage pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.