A rich beef stew is cooked with whole onions and potatoes. This is the ultimate easy but rewarding beef stew. Whole onions, potatoes are cooked in a pot (or a slow or pressure cooker) and it is a wonderful one pot meal.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, ultimate greek beef stifado. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ultimate Greek beef stifado is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Ultimate Greek beef stifado is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook ultimate greek beef stifado using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Ultimate Greek beef stifado :
- Get of MARINADE:.
- Take 2-3 sprigs of rosemary.
- Prepare 2-3 of dry bay leaves.
- Take 1 tbls of dried Greek oregano.
- Get 150 ml of red wine.
- Take 2 tbls of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves peeled and crushed with the back of a knife.
- Get 4 of whole cloves.
- Get 1 of cinnamon stick, broken into large pieces.
- Prepare A few of gratings of nutmeg.
- Make ready of FOR THE BEEF:.
- Take 1 kg of good quality beef diced.
- Make ready 6 tbls of extra virgin olive oil.
- Get 1.2 kg of shallots or small onions, peeled.
- Prepare 400 g of chopped tomatoes.
- Get 2 tbls of tomato purée.
- Get 1 of beef stock cube.
Ultimate Greek beef stifado This hearty slow cooked Greek beef stew with caramelised shallots and a rich tomato sauce is simply mouth-watering and it totally delivers on flavour. I buy a roasting joint and cut it into chunks myself as I find stewing steak can be tough. I served it with rice, but orzo or potatoes are equally as good. Heat half of the butter and half of the first tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Steps to make Ultimate Greek beef stifado :
- Place all the marinade ingredients together and combine. Add the beef, mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight..
- When you’re ready to cook, set the oven to 180C fan assisted..
- Drain the beef as well as possible, keeping the marinade juices. Strain and set aside..
- Heat 2 tbls of the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the shallots for about 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl and set aside..
- In the same frying pan, add 2 tbls olive oil and sear the beef on all sides and then place in a casserole dish. You will need to brown the meat in batches. Don’t turn it too much whilst searing as this will reduce the temperature of the pan..
- Place the remaining olive oil in the frying pan and pour in the reserved marinade, the chopped tomatoes, the tomato purée and the beef stock. Bring to a boil and then pour onto the beef..
- Cover the casserole with a lid and place in the oven for 1 hour..
- After 1 hour add the shallots to the casserole, mix, cover with a lid and cook for a further hour or until the meat is tender..
Brown half of the beef cubes on all sides, and place into a large saucepan. Repeat with the remaining butter, olive oil, and beef. Traditionally Greek beef stifado is served with orzo pasta, rice, hilopittes (egg pasta) or chip potatoes. For the cold winter days, serve with creamy mashed potatoes for a warming and hearty meal that will take the chill out of any evening. And of course with some crusted bread aside to dig into all this delicious tomato sauce.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food ultimate greek beef stifado recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.