Stromboli is a long roll of meat and cheese wrapped in pizza dough, which is then cut into individual slices for serving. Stromboli and calzones can both be found in a pizza restaurant, and both are made with pizza fixings, as the two recipes include dough and cheese. While a traditional calzone is a vegetarian turnover, a stromboli is the hero sandwich of Italian dining; these tasty rolled sandwiches are loaded with meat.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese). One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese) is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese) :
- Prepare of Frozen pizza dough ball.
- Prepare of egg.
- Get of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready of ham( cold cuts, thinly sliced).
- Prepare of Pepperoni (sandwich size, thin sliced).
- Make ready of Provolone cheese sliced thin.
- Prepare of mozzarella cheese sliced thin.
- Prepare of Salami sliced thin.
A calzone is somewhat similar to a stromboli. A calzone is a baked turnover stuffed with pizza ingredients. A stromboli is usually made by rolling up dough with cheese and meat ingredients and is then baked, but it does not generally contain pizza ingredients aside from cheese and Italian meats. While stromboli and calzones can have very similar fillings—meat, cheese, vegetables—there are a few notable differences.
Instructions to make Stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese) :
- Spray bowl with cooking spray and place pizza dough in bowl and cover (I use wax paper) allow to rise in warm area takes about 1 hour.
- Spread flour on counter and place dough on flour and roll the dough out as large as you can wo it getting paper thin. If sticking to rolling pin use flour on it to help reduce sticking.
- Layer your meat and cheeses 1 variety at a time, I go in a circular patten and don't be shy to get hear edges. I do meat…cheese…meat…cheese..meat. however layer however you like.
- Once all meat and cheese is placed, it's rolling time. Take the longer side of the dough and roll it like a burrito or like rolling a beach towel til you reach other end. Do this slow so dough does not tear..
- Tuck the corners in and under. Then carefully transfer your stromboli to a greased cookie sheet/pizza pan.Once on sheet , wisk 1 egg and brush on top on stromboli. .makes it golden brown ;).
- Cook on 350 for 35 to 40 min then broil for 2 min for crispy top. Then cut into slices and enjoy.
Calzones usually contain the same ingredients as pizza : tomato sauce, mozzarella, and (almost always) ricotta. Stromboli is typically made without ricotta. This easy calzone is filled with sautéed Don't let anyone tell you they're the same. They're stuffed with meat cheeses and veggies! Zesty, cheesy and perfect for pizza night this Italian Meat Stromboli recipe is an easy and delicious A calzone is pretty much just a pizza folded in half, stuffed with your favorite pizza toppings and The basics are starting with either a pizza dough or a bread dough and you stuff it with cheese, pizza.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.